Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Add a burger to the bits you want them to look at, as a distraction.
Shhh
They watch haha

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
40-60-40 MPH P&G

Echo-P&G - '05 Toyota Echo base
Team Toyota
90 day: 82.76 mpg (US)
Just returned from the states

More details on my thread : Echo-Troll Modding Thread (2005 Toyota Echo)
Echo-Troll Modding Thread

I know i dont have a very good write-up
no lean-burn? no good gear ratio? p&g is the answer
MPG=1 TIME=0
Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JethroBodine View Post
Just answer their questions honestly and end your sentences with "Sir/Mam".
At least back here that "sir/maam" makes the border agents think you were previously in jail...
Old 10-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
The road not so traveled

The Truck - '99 Nissan Frontier xe
90 day: 25.74 mpg (US)

The Ugly Duck - '84 Jeep CJ7 Rock crawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I've seen several comments about having a car dismantled and not put back together... no officer has the right to leave your vehicle in a heap of parts, and they would be open to civil action if they did.
The checkpoint between Las Cruces NM and TorC NM has a lift so they can further inspect a vehicle. Going through it I have seen some partly dismantled, tires, seats removed, door panels etc. But yeah if they don't find anything they have to put it back together. If they do find something they just have it towed back and arrest you.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
At least back here that "sir/maam" makes the border agents think you were previously in jail...
Or if you are English that you are the serious criminal head of an international conspiracy as depicted in just about every lazy thriller movie of the last 40 years...

...of course I could be planning something
Old 10-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

No extreme custom items in my border crossing history aside from a homemade airdam on an '82 VW Quantum diesel wagon.

In the mid 70's I went down to Tijuana, Mexico on my heavily packed motorcycle for about half an hour. I got all these hungry eyes staring at me hard from pedestrians at street corners, as if they couldn't wait for a chance to rob me. I never got off the bike, nor stopped except for red lights. I traveled quite funky in those days, as my bike had the Beverly Hillbillies look as I had several garbage sized blue bags strapped on.
I expected a complete unpack at USA re-entry, but I guess my youthful innocent look, plus too much work, spurred them on to let me fly through.

In '04, when I took the Quantum all the way to Halifax, Nova Scotia, I received a 25 minute search, and questioning upon leaving Maine into New Brunswick.

Later on same trip in Arizona, the car was heavily searched before I got near Hoover Dam.

In about '09 with current CRX, I was treated polite while leaving Washington state NE of Spokane into eastern BC. I had to eat like 6 plums on the spot, as they were a no go.

Re-entry into USA at Montana south of Calgary was like a bad nightmare movie.
There were about 6 vehicles in line in front of me. Immediately in front of me was a pickup with a medium sized travel trailer. When they were done with him, I waited until he was completely gone, then proceeded forward to a stop sign., kind of like THE exact
stop to stop at.
The guy went banana's because I proceeded to there w/o having him direct me to do so!!!

He acted like he wanted to jail me for that!!! Then he wanted to see in the mini cooler
I had next to me. With 2 of them staring, typing in their minds my EMOTIONAL makeup as they fired all of the typical questions, they must have been delighted when to satisfy
the mini cooler issue, I managed to dump most of the cold water from it in my lap while
showing them what fruit was in there! Not my happiest travel moment!

In about '08, I revisited the Hoover Dam scene again; this time in current CRX, and was just waved through after the firearms question.

In 2010, w same CRX, decided to take a more western north route for something different, and to just delete the Hoover Dam part.

06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Reply  Post New Thread