EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   CRX HF reverse trike project (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/crx-hf-reverse-trike-project-22635.html)

groundflyer 07-18-2012 02:48 PM

CRX HF reverse trike project

3 Attachment(s)
Me and a friend of mine just started a reverse trike project. The front will be a 88 Crx HF Stock at this time

First I removed all inside parts seats panels exc. Then gas tank taillights suspension and hatch. Doors So allot of weight will use the windshield and all up front and the floor for structure with some type of modified front skin bumper. He built the part of the cage today

just four points I bought a 10 point cage from Jegs. After the cage we need is dome we can mount a modified honda magma 700 rear frame and tire with some form of air shocks. I also will be using the same taillights and wiring and also the side rear glass.

My plan is to remove the center taillight insert with the logo Crx in it and chop the metal out and bring in the quarters skins and weld them up together This should give me a good boat tail shape to start and look kind of neat. So the tail will be three foot wide with the rear glass for good visibility and a plexiglas type hatch to fill in what is left of the hatch area. That is about all that is done at this time will update This is going to be a low cost easy build car.
More info to come Bryan

UltArc 07-18-2012 02:54 PM

Can't wait to see it finished!

MetroMPG 07-18-2012 04:46 PM

You can post pictures after 5 posts. Looking forward to this.

groundflyer 10-17-2012 01:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well had a little time for the trike this week here is a mockup

Its really losing weight now. Remember this is a budget build

UFO 10-17-2012 03:33 PM

That's going to be one heck of a hypermiler. Looking good so far.

MetroMPG 10-17-2012 03:55 PM

Don't worry - budget builds are popular around here!

Before you get too far, if you haven't already, you might want to check in with the aero subforum to get advice on the optimal shape at the back of the car behind the B-pillars.

I'm sure you know that if you taper it too abruptly or make the curve/angles too steep, you'll end up with higher drag & lower fuel economy than is otherwise possible.

Looking forward to the next update!

groundflyer 10-17-2012 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The back slope will be a stock CRX but the sides are coming in about 6" a side... The bottom back is were I need help. There is a flow image at the bottom I working on
never can get the flow 2 program to work only 1 so if any one can do one Would help. The car is very low so plan on raising some and some air shocks for a rear adjustable height. a little fine tune maybe And remove the sharp corners off the rear of the car when the deck lid is open were it has the HF emblem.

groundflyer 10-18-2012 12:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Todays update
m/c frame in location time for some frame work.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-18-2012 09:11 PM

That's an interesting project afterall, altough if I got a CRX I'd leave it as a 4-wheeler. It's actually a nice low-cost sportscar...

groundflyer 10-18-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 334991)
That's an interesting project afterall, altough if I got a CRX I'd leave it as a 4-wheeler. It's actually a nice low-cost sportscar...

Why? Im open for discussion looking at 1200# or less. I had a 90 CRX dx had a dead cly and still got 32 mpg with a auto put 40,000 miles on it yes great cars