EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Daily Smiles (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/daily-smiles-16164.html)

Arragonis 02-20-2011 02:19 PM

Daily Smiles

OK since I started annoyances lets go the other way - daily smiles. What cheered you up today, hypermiling or otherwise ?

For me three things.

1. Arragonis Jnr - although I had to clean my "white seats" (see annoyances thread) because of his drink 'incident'. But today he made me proud by agreeing to share a room with his friend who has bladder issues and look after him, as in making sure his friend has his 'pants' on overnight and making sure his friend is clean without any fun poking or mischief. He's only nine.

2. I've started to drive home in daylight. Spring is coming.

3. And today it stopped snowing / raining / blowing a gale so finally it feels like the country and the ground is finally "drying out". Time to plan my veg patch...

Oh and an extra one. I have planned to be away in Spain at Easter. Woohoo! :)

Angmaar 02-20-2011 02:59 PM

1. Timing lights perfectly so you can coast down a hill in N and go through two lights in a row without having to touch the brakes.

2. Turning on the radio and not getting commercials.

3. Nice weather (last week) to commute by bike.

RobertSmalls 02-21-2011 08:44 AM

A stop sign at the top of a hill.

A perfectly timed coast-to-a-stop with nobody in the rear view mirror.

A 17" rear view mirror.

Watching the glacier that had been building on my driveway for a few months melt away last week, and anticipating installing my RE92's.

A drug dealer with three gangster wheels and a temporary spare on his $500 Dodge Intrepid.

Coasting past a gas station with the engine off.

euromodder 02-21-2011 01:46 PM

Overtaking while coasting.

Piwoslaw 02-21-2011 02:43 PM

Seeing Arragonis praise something, instead of complaining. No, really: Seeing this new thread, and seeing who started it, put a smile on my face:)

+1 for you, sir!

EDIT: OK, one more smile today: I found an old magazine from a few months back with 2-3 articles about truck aerodynamics. I'll try to translate the relevant info and throw it onto EM within the next month (or two).

Arragonis 02-21-2011 03:10 PM

I didn't realise I was such a miserable old ....

Until now. :D

jamesqf 02-21-2011 11:10 PM

About 4 feet of fresh powder in the mountains. Watching the dog have fun as we're cross-country skiing in the new snow.

320touring 02-22-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 221343)
I didn't realise I was such a miserable old ....

Until now. :D

they say you get like the folk you live with.. in this case, its Grumpy Scots:p

Arragonis 02-22-2011 05:18 PM

New garage door fitted which actually opens and indeed closes. No, this is really good. I opened and closed it several times in amazment.

So maybe now I can get my MGB or MGB Electro (depending on how cream-crackered the B-series is) started...

Arragonis 02-23-2011 04:07 PM

Arragonis Jnr has a Richard Hammon Blast Lab electronics kit and likes it. Hmmm, I think the geek DNA maybe becoming active...