Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Saving@Home
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2009, 02:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
dead wire in the fuse box

I live in a new england house, I may be the first with a pc, yet again, in mentioned new england rental...it has happened for the third time inmy third renatl in bangor brewer maine. I even rewired an old timers house, built 1890, original wood trim on the corners, you knew it was old just looking at the years and design. high grade phone line, outdoor wrapped for the radon risky route it got. for free and my short time there.
Having rewired my own place, I check the fuse boxes wherever I may be plugged in, if I can, rental or own. I am convinced physics and maine electricians is like vtec to a race car...a whole lotta nothing going on.

I have concluded the houses are old enough to go through 3 different generations of plumbers assed electricians, one never figuring out the other, and just going with the apparently working flow, if you know what I mean.Anyway, I knew without a doubt something strange was happening, I found a wire doubled up fuse, on a 15 amp.
I checked and rechecked...the extra wire did nothing..and it is doubled on a 15 amp. Either this is a secret trick or I leave it out..so I left it out. Lets see if the chubby landlord is going to target me on this rental again for an overly high electric bill...
There is attitude of elite, then there is stupid elite with an attitude...it effects even an ecomodder renting..oh those chubby landlords...

on a more important note, the active pfc psu at 80% efficient (is that bronze or silver or gold?) is actually functioning right as we speak. My ups used to go through a series of clicks around this time of year, now it is staying withing the psu instead with a bassy buzz on the cold box, in timed intervals.... I wonder what that is... I only learned it to be a sine wave, it seems to like first snows of the season. It used to wreak havoc on my bill, just the pc trying to function. The active pfc found something, and then now the ups is truly a backup. I recommend it.

Last edited by bgd73; 10-14-2009 at 02:35 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread