Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
A gauge lets you see what you're doing, efficiency-wise. But if burning gas inefficiently is what you need to do at the moment, the gauge doesn't prevent you from doing it.

Sometimes merging safely by flooring it is more efficient than sitting there waiting for a huge gap in traffic. Sometimes time is more important than a couple drops of gas. Let yourself decide that as you go, instead of deciding it once, modding that way and trapping yourself by that decision.

If your decisions as you go end up costing you some gas, so be it. I've been horribly unhappy with tank numbers, but either traffic and weather conditions force them, or time constraints. I didn't get a single 50 mpg tank last summer, but in 2015 I got 15, including 6 in a row. Why did last year suck so badly? Why did my annual mpg drop from 45.5 to 42.9? Because in the summer I dropped the kids off at day camp more often than the year before. I woke my kids up at the same time and work started at the same time, but I had to cram more miles and a long stop into the meantime. Within those time constraints I tried to maximize my mpg, but I had $#*+ to do and I had to burn gas to do it. I'd hate to have had to undo a hardware mod for a speed run day and redo it when my schedule let me keep the speed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread