Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 10:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
I went the CRX-HF route and will be doing some major areo mods to it, new nose, boat tail, skirts etc.. , my goal is to get 100mpg tank of gas out of it.. and for as low cost as possible, DIY work..

I got the car for $900 for a low mileage rust free 87 CRX HF, with all maintance records since new and even the CRX sales brochures from 1987.. fyi the brochure says 57mpg highway for the 87 CRX HF and a .32 drag coeficient..

One other thing for me is to make it a 2.5 seater, need to get the kids car seat in the rear of it, and it will fit , just need to secure it properly... and safely.

My project is a experiment in alternative transportation, the US has become a country of excess and I need to be the change I want to see.. I'm doing this already on my veggie front, but want to prove the point to every one else far more dramatically, the way I will do that is attain a 100mpg per tank setup, and then it will go on the back window and side of the car.

100mpg is kind of the current holy grail of cars in my opinion thats when people go WOW.. Because the best they see on even the best cars now is 48mpg.. not to mention the 100mpg carb myths etc.. I'm doing this for myself economically wise, and not supporting war with Iraq, but the fringe benefits are educating others and saving nature. It's a Win-Win.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread