Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

elhigh: Thank you for explanation.
Today i was driving car form my work. I tried EOC first time in long downhill grade road ~ 2.5km. Was great for EOC test.
I take 70km/h and then shutdown engine with key to 0 position.
Immediately i turned key in position 1 - "be ready".
When i tried braking, the brake pedals worked fine. I don't know if was vacuum reservoir or something else, but worked. I'm happy with that.
I coasted 2.5 km without engine on...

The next problem is little complicated.
I coasting without lights or with parking lights - the small lights (2x5w) in headlights. Looks better than without lights. With headlights on and engine off i don't wanna risk my battery life.

The idea DRL is very interesting for me. I thinking about it.
The only big minus is the price. 150 Eur for 2 lights with certificate for car :-( (Hella)

I will thinking about it

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxman View Post
The next problem is little complicated.
I coasting without lights or with parking lights - the small lights (2x5w) in headlights. Looks better than without lights. With headlights on and engine off i don't wanna risk my battery life.
Have you tried bump starting? As long as you are still moving you don't need your battery to start the engine.

DRL: I bought mine for about 50EUR. There isn't much information about the company on the box, only "LED.GX" and "www.dectane.de". Keep in mind that not all European countries seem to allow the use of DRL, even though there is a European Union directive describing their legal use instead of normal lights. When we were recently driving through Hungary (where cars must drive with lights on all day), the border patrol officer reached into the car through the open window and turned the lights on, even though my DRL's were on. But countries are obligated to ratify the EU directive, so it is only a matter of time. Poland already has. I'm happy with my DRL's

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 09-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Golden Egg - '93 Toyota Previa DX
90 day: 31.91 mpg (US)

Chewie - '03 Toyota Prius
90 day: 57 mpg (US)

The Spaceship - '00 Honda Insight
For your brakes, You could add a larger vacuum tank. You can easily make this from a plastic plumbing pipe with caps glued on each end. Thread a small barbed hose fitting into it and attach it to the vacuum line with a "T" fitting between the check valve and the brake canister.

Mine is about 6 litres and lets me safely brake about 8 times from 18 inches of mercury.

It makes EOC much safer.

"It’s easy to explain how rockets work but explaining the aerodynamics of a wing takes a rocket scientist.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Piwoslaw: Yes i use only bump starting. Today tested the 2.5 km EOC with headlights.
In Czech rep. we must use lights all day. Can be used DRL with homologation-certificate from manufacturer. I found some cheaper DRLs (50EUr), but don't trust they are not fake from asia...
I see lot of cars with Drls . Is not problem here. I will search more information about drl.

orange4boy: Good idea. I tested brakes today. 5 times and over, after it very bad brake efficiency.
Eoc will be very dangerous without brake servo.

Thank you for better brake "Tip"

Last edited by noxman; 09-08-2009 at 03:14 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread