Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cracker - '90 Honda CRX HF
Electric scooter motorcycle trike?

Has anyone used any motors / controllers from this company out of china?
They sound quality and the specs all look good, here are copies of some prices etc. Any comments are appreciated! I'm thinking about this hub motor / kit for a DIY scooter or motorcycle conversion. I currently have a 2010 Kymco Xciting RI 250 but will sell this and get a cheap(broken) bike. Just trying to figure out the best option for a city(45mph) cycle that could carry me(180lbs) and 25lbs of cargo. I'm also very curious about the lithium titanate technology. Battery is twice as much as LIFEPO4 but has 30000 cycles and if regen is set up right it should regen much more than the normal vehicle even though bikes don't usually weigh enough to make good use of regen this might be pretty good if regen(brakes) is twice the amps of degen which is backwards of normal LIthium ion EV's. Please tell me what you think,
10kw 72v hub motor with wheel for $630
or
5kw 72v hub motor with controller and throttle for $500
Thanks from Fox in KC!
Dear Fox,

Glad to get your inquiry of your 10kw from alibaba.

I am Helen from Changzhou Leili Vehicle Parts Co.,Ltd.

See the following points:
1.The unit price of your 10kw motor with 16" integrated rim is USD630.00

2.See the picture of your 10kw motor with 16" integrated rim in the attachment.

3.Tell me your detailed address,your postal code for your one set so that i can give you shipping cost for your reference.

4.Pay attention:The rear 10kw motor's drop out is 200mm.

Changzhou Leil Vehicle Parts Co.,Ltd

ADRES:No.13,Xinya Road Minghuang Gouna Industrial Park Wujin distrc, Changzhou City, Jiangsu.

72V 5000W ebike KIT

1)72V 5000w rear ebike motor with spoke and rim- - - - - - 1 PC

2)5kw progamed controler(80 AMP curent,24 mosfets)- - 1 PC

3)twisthrotle withre sped model- -1 PC

4)brake lvers(for both side power of)-1 Pair

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
I haven't heard much great about bikes from China. A friend here at work bought a scooter from China, not a Kymco which I do confess is one of the larger, more recognized brands, and had nothing but trouble from it. The distributor was VERY reluctant to honor the warranty after the bike failed due to craftsmanship issues (the third time!) and he finally knuckled under and bought a 30-year-old Honda motorcycle. He was never stranded again.

That said, an electric bike from China might not be so bad. Certainly the vast majority of our domestic electronics are built there so you can have some reasonable hope that the controller and chargers will hold up, and China is currently (I think) the largest source of LiFePO batteries, so you might be in good stead there, too.

But still, China. I just wouldn't.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

still deciding

I'm probably going to settle on the 5kw kit as it's only $495 to my door and the 10kw kit is $1600 that way I lose out less if for some reason it isn't good quality but I suspect as you said made in china at this point concerning electrics and they sell more electric vehicles than any other country. Haven't done the math on how fast the 5kw unit would go on 21" MC wheel.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

A 5kw motor is 6.5 hp and the motor rpm, torque curve data will help determine the optimum gear ratio. The overall weight and air drag will determine the power needed to go 45 mph. Check all state and local laws before spending money.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

other motor options?

Are there better "kits" or "Plans" out there. I've searched all over google and EV sites. Most of what I've come up with is old stuff using lead acid batteries. OR production only stuff I.E. Zero MC and Brammo MCs
I'd love to buy plans to a homebuilt(tube frame) Reverse tilting trike like Sway electric. I have plenty of mech know how and tools and intelligence but no time to use to start from scratch in CAD and/or hand making every thing with wood and then machining with shop. seems the availability is all over china
Old 12-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Try a search on 'delta trike design' images. I suspect a parallel arm suspension with a long trailing link would do for the rear. Front wheel drive electric hub motor would be fairly simple. Many parts would off the shelf. The main center piece joining the head tube, seat mount, and rear suspension could be cut from sheet material.

Reply  Post New Thread