Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2018, 07:19 AM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Won't need to bend or alter the Ackermann geometry, but if I did, I would do it by adding pieces to the steering arms that reoriented the attachment points to the desired geometry. Frame geometry is not a problem. I'm wondering how difficult, or expensive, it would be to re-gear a couple, or more of the gear pairs in the transmission. You will notice the serious overlap of gear 2 high with gear 3 low, to the point of making it virtually useless to go through both, and the similar situations with gears 3 high and 4 low, and 4 high and 5 low.
I would like to have a transmission and sub transmission where 1L to 1H is a 120% change in ratio, and 1H to 2L, 2L to 2H, 2H to 3L, 3L to3H, 3H to 4L, 4L to 4H, 4H to 5L, and 5L to 5H are each the same 120% change.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CB900C Standard Gear Relationships.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	24084  
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Let's pretend that I can get a custom set of gears made. I know that going up through the gears decreases the torque to the rear wheel with each upshift. Does anyone know the formula that would allow me to keep shift to redline the same number of seconds. Will each next gear up have be shifted into at a higher RPM. I don't like to hear higher gears stretching out. (Does anyone know what I am talking about?) I guessI'm asking about progressively closer gears as I go through the gears. Anyone?
Old 08-17-2018, 11:11 PM   #43 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

OK, Here's something more easily achieved:

Rebuild the 2 speed sub transmission to change High Range from 1:1.17, to 1:2.

Change the rear wheel to something closer to three qurter size.

You would then have a First Low gear much lower than original for super take offs, and a Fifth High much higher for cruising.

Essentially, a Nine Speed transmission, (First High is still lower than Fifth Low) with a ratio spread from First Low to Fifth High of 6.218, instead of the factory 3.109. Since the trike would be heavier than the CB900C bike, this would help with take off, while giving an almost idle like cruising speed.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp Super Wide CB900C Transmission.bmp (193.6 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Angel And The Wolf; 08-19-2018 at 01:46 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread