Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Red face ALL Electric Gizmo Car For Sale! Very Rare! Mint condition! - $6500 (Yorkville IL.)

You can call me directly (only related to this sale) 630-553-8697 See an HD video I made of this amazing all electric 3 wheeled auto cycle called the "Gizmo". Illinois and many other states have changed the laws, now anyone with a normal driver's license can drive this vehicle! Go to YouTube and do a search for "my all electric car called the"Gizmo" presented in HD "

I have babied this auto cycle with garage kept, minimal use, and no rain driving only 2568 original miles. Purchased vehicle new (only one owner) in 2003 from NEVCO for $12,850.
I have made excellent mechanical mods to the vehicle to increase the driver comfort and the safety. It uses 4 Trojan T1275 lead acid batteries with a Zivan charger. The controller is a Sevcon driving a separately excited DC brushed motor (originally made by D&D Motor Systems, Inc. Syracuse, NY.) The motor was rebuilt in 2016 (rebalanced and the contacts (armature) redone with new carbon brushes and all new end cap ball bearings) to perfection by as local company called Master Motor Rebuilders in Addison Illinois. I have re-installed the new motor and tested the vehicle, it worked perfectly. I made a new custom water road motor shield (aluminum with outer vinyl) which surrounds the entire motor armature area. This is Gizmo #34, and it is part of a 7 unit production on this vehicle with the cool hand operated joystick controls. Body is in mint condition also, as well as the interior and the seat. Three brand new Cooper tires are installed with custom detailed painted electric graphics hubcaps. Batteries are still working great over 20 miles range @ 38 psi tires, 86 degrees, 180 LB driver, over very hilly streets of Yorkville IL. Brand new Gizmo spec was 25 miles range. This is the ONLY Gizmo with a two towing plates in the front (see picture), and I have a tow bar (included) set up to match the two front bushings. This is the only Gizmo made with Custom Welded steel plates added to the steering tubes for extra strength.
Other mods include fancy electric symbol wheel covers. Battery box cover lifts using hinges to prevent ANY acid gasses during charging to corrode the terminals, (they looks as new as the day they were installed). Professional electronic desulfator across all four lead acid batteries since install.
Forward /reverse switch right at driver's left hand position, no need to use power key anymore, which was difficult to reach.
Seat has 3M 1/2 " rubber added for extra seating comfort. Automatic seat "up" holder to allow access to the battery box. Two custom aluminum with rubber foot rests installed in front bottom cabin.
Custom change/map/pen holder on right side cabin. The electronics and fuse side areas have been covered with a custom vinyl cover since 2003. A 12 volt cigarette lighter has been added on the right side cabin area. I installed 2 additional matching LED running side lights for safety. Under the seat is a custom glove box, I also added a dash map light with a switch. Custom non-slip cover on battery box cover to keep groceries from moving.
Brakes have minimal wear, I did minimal braking, and the drive belt looks like new. Charger updated in 2015 (pro company in California) with latest firmware to charge batteries automatically every 7 days.
Included is the full laminated electronic wiring schematic (4' by 2' size) of this whole vehicle!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
auto cycle, electric car, gizmo, robert veach