EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Happy 10th birthday to us!! Celebrating ten years = chance to win lots of stuff! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/happy-10th-birthday-us-celebrating-ten-years-chance-35930.html)

MetroMPG 12-11-2017 04:09 PM

Happy 10th birthday to us!! Celebrating ten years = chance to win lots of stuff!

1 Attachment(s)
http://ecomodder.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1513024990

A decade ago, if you'd asked me what I would think about celebrating EcoModder's 10-year anniversary, I'd have said...

"WE'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT FUEL EFFICIENCY?? YOU MEAN I STILL CAN'T AFFORD TO DRIVE A GIANT SUV?!"

Ha ha. Kidding! I'm not buying a giant SUV until they make one with 3-cylinders, EV mode and a sub-0.20 drag coefficient!

We're marking the big milestone by giving away more of The Customary Birthday Loot than usual.

On Friday, January 5th, we'll draw prizes randomly based on forum posts made between today and then. (So the more you post, the better your odds. Not that our hard-core members need any motivation.)

Birthday Party Prizes!
  • ONE ScanGauge II: (again generously provided by Linear Logic) will be awarded at random to one member* who posts in any thread in the forum between 12:01 AM EST today (Dec. 7) and noon EST on Friday, Jan. 5th.
  • High quality analog tire pressure gauge: we'll send the winner something chosen from Amazon.
  • Bluetooth OBD-II dongle (generously provided by Panlong) For Android smart phone, eg. compatible with the Torque app (Amazon link for more info)
  • EcoModder decals: 2 additional randomly chosen members who post in the forum in the same time period will receive a pair of decals.
* NOTE: Only members who joined before today can win. Winners must claim their prize within 10 days of the winners announcement (by contacting us via private message), or we reserve the right to draw another name in your place.

Good news/bad news: forum participation generally tracks gasoline prices in the U.S., which means with low prices your odds of winning are almost at 10-year highs!

Happy Birthday and THANKS to everyone here -- thanks for helping to make EcoModder a community and a resource to be proud of.

Discuss...

What stands out as the most notable efficiency-related changes in your automotive world in the last decade?

Daox 12-11-2017 04:13 PM

Woohoo, happy birthday to us! :)

me and my metro 12-11-2017 04:50 PM

Happy birthday! I’ve been here for a while now still seeking fuel mileage.

Xist 12-11-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 556251)
So the more you post, the better your odds. Not that our hard-core members need any motivation.

I would not use that thread to describe myself. If this were a dating site I would say "Desperate, lonely, and a little whiny," but if I did use that phrase, I might get in trouble with the district.

So, what are my chances of securing booty if I open 100 threads each day, and posted random thoughts?

You know, like I don't already do that...

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 12-11-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 556251)
I'm not buying a giant SUV until they make one with 3-cylinders, EV mode and a sub-0.20 drag coefficient!

Even though it's not 3-cyl and might not feature such an outstanding drag coefficient, even I got impressed when I got to know the current generation of the Volvo XC90. But anyway, for something nearly the size of a Chevy Tahoe, its range fitted only with 4-cyl engines smaller than the one used in a Brazilian Chevy Blazer from 10 years ago is something noteworthy, and probably in that very same timeframe most of us would laugh at someone who tried to anticipate that.

Daox 12-11-2017 08:22 PM

Nah, what Darin really wants is a nice Chevy Trax, or Buick Encore! :D

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 12-11-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 556293)
Nah, what Darin really wants is a nice Chevy Trax, or Buick Encore! :D

Which is basically a worsened Aveo :D

But anyway, many things happened in the last 10 years, like the first presentation of the Chevrolet Volt still as a concept-car for example. Who could guess that GM would actually develop a direct opponent to the Prius by then?

MetroMPG 12-13-2017 09:36 AM

decade surprises?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 556295)
many things happened in the last 10 years

Yup!

A decade ago, I was driving a home-made $1000 EV runabout. I probably wouldn't have guessed that 10 years later, you could buy a whole bunch of plug-in cars. I've lost count of how many different EV's and PHEVs are available in North America now.

conehead433 12-13-2017 11:50 AM

Thanks for the giveaway. Currently I have a 1999 Metro and 2 2000 Honda Insights. It's always great to come here for information as well as seeing some of the cool mods others are doing. Mostly I'm a lurker.

RustyLugNut 12-13-2017 01:56 PM

Changing with the times.

In ten years, what will we be discussing?

Carbon negative bio-fuels?

Breakthrough in batteries that were not on the horizon?

Anti-matter AAA size prime storage cells?

Congrats Ecomodder.