Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2016, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hearses, car guys, and new votes

Hi Everybody! I haven't been on here for quite a while due to many things.
One in particular, is that I'm not gifted as a great hands on mechanic, nor
any type of a high tech math whiz. I tend to be more on the humorous, emotional level and ask or share goofy off the wall comments or questions.
So, with that being said; here goes:
With the elections still bringing consternation seemingly on all sides, I think
its time for at least a semi humorous temporary diversion!
We are mostly car guys here, our blood goes deep where some of us have
our mpg cars for commuting and also more fun? old school hot rods or sports
cars for the weekends, summer, or other special times.
Is there a place in your heart where it would mean a lot to you if your LAST
ride on this earth was in say a '57 Chev. sedan delivery, or a similar Ford
product ( a Mopar variant also) instead of the TRADITIONAL Caddy hearse? I am continuing on next post as my wifi is iffy at times, have lost many paragraphs before!

06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-15-2016, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Would this mean enough to you to pay an extra fee for this set up for yourself, or for other family members or friends? If so, should vehicles in question be automatically
all painted black, or is the idea of celebrating someone's life mean that some of you would prefer a happier bright color? Should the customer get to choose wheels like between the choices of say: Rally type, Cragar SS, American Torque Thurst ?
Would a panel truck be better?... '56 Ford panel, '56 Chev., what is best Mopar choice???
This is all determined around the casket idea. What about cremation memorials post
cremation? Are ashes carried to a happy get together in what had been the person's known unreachable exotic sports car, or other choice? How about more macho variants? 4 wheel drive old Dodge Power Wagon, mid 60's-80's K Suburbans? etc...
Would there be enough interest to make a viable business doing this? What would be a realistic asking fee? Should there be a separate COOL flower vehicle also.
Where should the market start? Florida, California? Upper Midwest into New England; in other words the salt rust belts where older vehicles might be greatly appreciated???
I hope is that this might be a pleasant diversion for you today. How do you vote; I'd appreciate your thoughts.? Though this is somewhat humorous, I AM semi serious, and could see myself providing this kind of service!!!!
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Old 11-15-2016, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

MPGeo - '93 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 67.51 mpg (US)
Interesting off-topic discussion... Although it has been my personal experience that most people will much rather avoid any meaningful discussions about the reality of death, and even a lesser number of us seem to be willing to carefully prepare and plan out the details surrounding our deaths. The daunting tasks usually falls on the shoulders of the survivors, whom besides having to deal with their own emotional crisis, are also then forced to muster the strength to deal with all the lingering issues left behind by the death of their loved ones.

That being said... I think is an interesting suggestion, to be carried away on the custom hurts of your choosing. But I personally, although an automotive enthusiast all my life, see no value in it for me. It may however hold enough sentimental value for some families, to where it would make emotional sense for them to use this type of service. But for the average family, I'm not sure that it would really matter whether an extra-ordinary last ride is provided for the remains of the deceased or not.

As always, just my personal opinion.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Perhaps a Ferrari or Maserati, or an old horse drawn hearse.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts

http://gizmodo.com/dutch-companies-create-tesla-model-s-hearse-so-your-lov-1787194722

Reply  Post New Thread