Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

For now the car has not changed much cosmetically. My brother bought a MK3 Golf which has nicer wheels than mine on it. And he he has even nicer wheels lying around. So he will be giving me the wheels from his Golf. I'll be putting them on that's when I'll try and post some pictures. : )

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Recently we changed the oil, oil filter, and serpentine belt. Also did some rust repair. Soon we'll be putting in a new windshield to pass the technical inspection.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Great first car, the EJ2. I have always liked the lines of the fifth gen Civics, such as yours, more than sixth gen civics, such as mine. And an EJ2 would be perfect. Low maintenance, easy to repair. Once you pass technical inspection, You could do some simple and low profile mods to improve fuel economy. AFTER, you accomplish all the essential but deferred repairs it might need.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #34 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

So a long time has passed since I've updated this thread. The news is that I have sold the car.

Anyway. thinking about the next one. It might be the same car. Only in a better condition. But I have to save up a lot before my next purchase - my income is low.

Overall I do miss my EJ2. That's why I'd consider owning one again. But this particular one just gave me too many headaches. Perhaps it wasn't so bad but I have schizzoaffective disorder and sometimes dealing with problems can be difficult.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

It's been a while since I sold the car. I do miss it. I kinda wish I didn't sell it. Right now I have a Mk3 Golf TDI which I got from my brother. I like the car but not as much as I like Civics and other Hondas. I'm planning to save up and buy another EJ2, maybe a 6th generation coupe, or maybe a 2nd generation CRX. I want to own my future Honda for as long as possible. Get it in good shape. Stick it out and not sell it like I did last time.

The thing I learned is that everything is fixable with enough effort and resources.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandras View Post
It's been a while since I sold the car. I do miss it. I kinda wish I didn't sell it. Right now I have a Mk3 Golf TDI which I got from my brother. I like the car but not as much as I like Civics and other Hondas. I'm planning to save up and buy another EJ2, maybe a 6th generation coupe, or maybe a 2nd generation CRX. I want to own my future Honda for as long as possible. Get it in good shape. Stick it out and not sell it like I did last time.

The thing I learned is that everything is fixable with enough effort and resources.
+1 ... That's what I learned years ago. Willpower, labor, and knowledge (&acceptance, lol)! You'll save money this way over the long term, assuming building your life/family/career requires a car.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Actually right now having a car is more of a pleasure/convenience than a necessity. But I like cars. That's that.