Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
the system is damaged beyond repair, and not conducive to open discussions in an open forum.

How many scammers start with "I have a patent"? How many people want to join in a discussion on one persons patent in an open forum that will not benefit them?

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

Anyway, legal/patent crap aside, the design is a bit complicated for what it does, lots of moving parts reciprocating at engine speed, not sure I "get it".
Old 08-18-2010, 07:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

MECXIC Variable stroke engine - patents status .....

..... I do in fact have US and European patents on the MECXIC engine series of innovations......
Patents: Very expensive to achieve - but at least they go some way to protecting the small man in this big world !
Old 08-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Bus - '94 Ford School Bus huge

Stupid - '01 Chevy Blazer LS
90 day: 21.38 mpg (US)

hawk - '00 Honda Superhawk
Dont worry, his comment denotes his lack of ingenuity and good ideas. Patent away, just make sure that you market them for use. If an auto company is going to make millions/billions off of an idea, why not have that idea and get paid. I have a number of ideas that I should patent/sell but am a little too lazy, so the ideas aren't even making it out in the open air for use. That might be more selfish. I would argue, though, that the most selfish is a company like honda that has numerous patents on snowmobile technology and they dont even make them. They are just coming up with ideas, patenting them, and stopping others from using those ideas. I guess it is easy to be made at others for the things they have in life, like happiness, money, family, or even good ideas that they could profit off of.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for your replies/encouragement guys ....... I see all points as positive and welcome. I sense I am among serious engineers here and place a value on such. The MECXIC engine ideas took many years of my time and effort to 'solve' (from degree thesis to old age !) and it seems prudent to protect my gut-wrenching hours of original thought commercially !
Please look at mecxic.com and fire away at me ........
Old 08-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

I did look, I don't get it. You have a lot of moving parts, with essentially 3 pistons per cylinder and a geared connecting end. I would like some description of what the moving bits do and what the state of testing is, so I can understand it better.

re: patents, companies are actively pressuring employees to come up with patents for anything they can think of, it isn't about the little guy anymore, at least not if you look at the numbers. It is about locking away information for profit, when we are all about sharing info here.

Last edited by dcb; 08-18-2010 at 10:20 AM..
Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hot Tamale - '10 Toyota Prius III
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoteach View Post
I would argue, though, that the most selfish is a company like honda that has numerous patents on snowmobile technology and they dont even make them. They are just coming up with ideas, patenting them, and stopping others from using those ideas.
This makes perfect sense to me. They are their ideas, their intellectual property. Anyone who wants to can use those ideas by paying them a royalty fee.

Most people do not give the hard-earned fruits of their labor away for free.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hot Tamale - '10 Toyota Prius III
Quote:
Originally Posted by MECXIC View Post
Thanks for your replies/encouragement guys ....... I see all points as positive and welcome. I sense I am among serious engineers here and place a value on such. The MECXIC engine ideas took many years of my time and effort to 'solve' (from degree thesis to old age !) and it seems prudent to protect my gut-wrenching hours of original thought commercially !
Please look at mecxic.com and fire away at me ........
I like the geared crank idea, I think it has some merit.

The valving system looks overly complicated and restrictive. You are making the air flow through small ports and using a valve that has to move instantaneously from one position to another (a physical impossibility). I would suggest changing to poppet valves and focusing on the geared crank, which is the heart of the system.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

yes, but it is not relevant to any discussion here. We are not here to inhibit technical discussions by saying come back when you have a patent, and there are a LOT of people "giving it away" here, which makes the patent discussion particularly unpalatable. That is largely an alien in a public forum. Gotta put aside the preconceptions and come to the party.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I've seen their 10-12 HP lawnmowers, and I believe they do make 20+ HP riding lawnmower engines, too. I have access to a welder, aircraft aluminum, and fiberglass. Maybe a fairing on a lightweight electric hybrid scooter? I've also got a Helix I could cannibalize.

Reply  Post New Thread