Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
The big + lug on the battery is on the wrong side of the contactor relay, which means it's not live unless the key is in the on position and the ECU says it's okay. Use the other side of the relay, and be careful with the high voltage. Understand how the big switch on the top of the battery works, and leave it at "OFF" except when the battery in a safe location, e.g. installed in the car with its cover on. The switch must be "ON" to run the grid charger.

The KaW was just there to record the efficiency of the charger: 84%.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks Robert, I got the charger built. I'm just waiting on my lineman gloves to arrive before I start poking around on the battery. Mike had me call him. He has been a great help also, but Mike is way more intelligent with electronics and electricity than I am. He said I might have to switch on one power supply at a time if the battery is too discharged. I am not sure how I will know. I think he said if the voltage doesn't start going up when the charger is plugged in, then I need to do one at a time.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnomad View Post
Thanks Robert, I got the charger built. I'm just waiting on my lineman gloves to arrive before I start poking around on the battery. Mike had me call him. He has been a great help also, but Mike is way more intelligent with electronics and electricity than I am. He said I might have to switch on one power supply at a time if the battery is too discharged. I am not sure how I will know. I think he said if the voltage doesn't start going up when the charger is plugged in, then I need to do one at a time.
Hi sdnomad

i need replace my IMA Battery in my civic 07. Did you be able to DYI your car? Do you have a Diagram and the complete part list that you use ?
i need make a grid charger?

i will apreciate your help.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnomad View Post
HI sdnomad

did you fix your IMA Battery ?

Reply  Post New Thread