EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (http://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (http://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   I would give my left leg... (http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/i-would-give-my-left-leg-11383.html)

wyatt 12-10-2009 05:12 PM

I would give my left leg...
 
Funny little story for those of us that drive sticks...
When I was in college I had a roommate ask he could borrow my car. I told him, "Sure, but it's a stick." He said, "Damn, I would give my left leg to know how do drive a stick!"... and he was serious!
I always liked having a stick shift because seemingly few people know how to drive one, so people are less likely to borrow it.

superchow 12-10-2009 05:27 PM

One of my most proud achievements: Teaching my wife how to drive stick. Bonus achievement: Getting her to embrace and participate in hypermiling and loathe driving automatics! :thumbup:

thatguitarguy 12-10-2009 06:05 PM

Maybe I'm missing the joke, but he wouldn't be able to work the clutch without his left leg, or is that the joke??

How much is a sense of humor on ebay?

Tango Charlie 12-10-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguitarguy (Post 146507)
How much is a sense of humor on ebay?

An awful lot. Like an arm and a leg, I think.

badump bump.

cfg83 12-10-2009 08:22 PM

thatguitarguy -

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguitarguy (Post 146507)
Maybe I'm missing the joke, but he wouldn't be able to work the clutch without his left leg, or is that the joke??

How much is a sense of humor on ebay?

I think it's a "nonsense joke". Kind of like cutting the branch off a tree that you are sitting on.

I have a similar joke that I made up. Instead of saying "crazy like a fox", I say CRAZY LIKE A BOX!!!!!!

Can you figure it out?

CarloSW2

thatguitarguy 12-10-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 146531)
thatguitarguy -



I think it's a "nonsense joke". Kind of like cutting the branch off a tree that you are sitting on.

I have a similar joke that I made up. Instead of saying "crazy like a fox", I say CRAZY LIKE A BOX!!!!!!

Can you figure it out?

CarloSW2

uuhhhh, no. I guess I better click on "Buy It Now"

Chalupa102 12-10-2009 08:59 PM

When i first got my car, i didn't know how to drive a manual. When i deployed to Al Asad, Iraq in 2007 i had duty to drive guys to work, the dining hall, and the "cans" a few times a week. All they had there were standard buses, so that's how i learned...poor bus. I like my car being auto but sometimes i do wish it was a manual though.

cfg83 12-10-2009 09:12 PM

thatguitarguy -

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguitarguy (Post 146534)
uuhhhh, no. I guess I better click on "Buy It Now"

Not many people do. It's designed to promote consternation and squiggly foreheads of angst. Crazy like a Fox means savvy. Crazy like a Box is a nonsense phrase, which is crazy, so it means Crazy like a .... well, just crazy.

For best effect, wait for someone to say "that's just crazy". Before anyone else says anything, interrupt the conversation with a louder-than-normal grating voice, wild looking eyes, and slight frothing at the mouth. If the conversation comes to a dead stop and people look at you funny, you have succeeded.

mrmee, mrmee, mrmee, mrmee ...

CarloSW2

MadisonMPG 12-10-2009 09:19 PM

I wish my car had the fun and MPG of the manual, and the ease of the auto.

In traffic, I want an auto sooo bad.

thatguitarguy 12-10-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 146543)

Not many people do. It's designed to promote consternation and squiggly foreheads of angst. Crazy like a Fox means savvy. Crazy like a Box is a nonsense phrase, which is crazy, so it means Crazy like a .... well, just crazy.

For best effect, wait for someone to say "that's just crazy". Before anyone else says anything, interrupt the conversation with a louder-than-normal grating voice, wild looking eyes, and slight frothing at the mouth. If the conversation comes to a dead stop and people look at you funny, you have succeeded.

mrmee, mrmee, mrmee, mrmee ...

CarloSW2

OOOHHHKKKAAAYYYY...

Maybe it's not me. Maybe you ought to put "Sense of Humor" on your Christmas list and give people the link to "Buy It Now".

(thatguitarguy heads for the door and backs quietly out of the room:eek::D)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com