Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 01:48 PM   #151 (permalink)
Owner AutoBeYours.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
almost can post links
prius powered hot rod coming soon

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 03-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #152 (permalink)
Owner AutoBeYours.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
hot rod prius?



Here I am with the" Priustoric"
a 1955 Thompson runabout merged with a gen 2 prius,
see the entire build process at " boatcar.rocks"
  Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imwoody36 For This Useful Post:
Bill the Engineer (03-09-2017), RedDevil (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #153 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Bill the Engineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 238
Thanks: 219
Thanked 362 Times in 136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imwoody36 View Post


Here I am with the" Priustoric"
a 1955 Thompson runabout merged with a gen 2 prius,
see the entire build process at " boatcar.rocks"
I love those '38 Buick fenders!

Bill the Engineer
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:35 PM   #154 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 5,016
Thanks: 0
Thanked 464 Times in 414 Posts
Bill, it seems like you're setting a new trend. So, considering that shoehorning a Prius (or any other random hybrid) drivetrain could address the emissions compliance issue, do you believe it would be a viable way to circumvent other restrictions against grey-imports such as DOT and NHTSA compliance? For example, if one wanted a Land Cruiser 76 so badly that would be willing to work around to match its body to a Lexus NX300h floorpan.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
Bill the Engineer (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 12:03 AM   #155 (permalink)
V8 guy
 
oil pan 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NewMexico (USA)
Posts: 4,648

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)
Thanks: 99
Thanked 1,073 Times in 786 Posts
All the cars on the nextel and Busch cup circuit.
Then it would be a fair race.
__________________
1984 chevy suburban, custom made 6.5L diesel turbocharged with a Garrett T76 and Holset HE351VE, 22:1 compression 13psi of intercooled boost.
1989 firebird mostly stock. Aside from the 6-speed manual trans, corvette gen 5 front brakes, 1LE drive shaft, 4th Gen disc brake fbody rear end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:56 AM   #156 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 8,053
Thanks: 1,707
Thanked 2,671 Times in 2,089 Posts
Quote:
...match its body to a Lexus NX300h floorpan.
Subtle upgrade there, In case anyone didn't catch it. Maybe a little 'thin on the ground', but...


http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/2004...ssandro_volta/

Mid-engined 6th gen Golf? The 3rd motor/generator would go in front to replace the TDI.

Last edited by freebeard; 03-11-2017 at 03:18 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:19 AM   #157 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Bill the Engineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 238
Thanks: 219
Thanked 362 Times in 136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Bill, it seems like you're setting a new trend. So, considering that shoehorning a Prius (or any other random hybrid) drivetrain could address the emissions compliance issue, do you believe it would be a viable way to circumvent other restrictions against grey-imports such as DOT and NHTSA compliance? For example, if one wanted a Land Cruiser 76 so badly that would be willing to work around to match its body to a Lexus NX300h floorpan.
That will all depend on which serial number is the surviving car, which features remain in the final vehicle, and which regulations need to be followed for the country in question. My project is fine in the USA, but in the UK the government would have probably confiscate the whole thing from me and crush it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:08 PM   #158 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 5,016
Thanks: 0
Thanked 464 Times in 414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Engineer View Post
That will all depend on which serial number is the surviving car, which features remain in the final vehicle, and which regulations need to be followed for the country in question.
I was thinking of it as a way to circumvent most of the hassles that Motorex found with those grey-import Nissan Skylines, but now I'm not so sure if that's even going to be worth a try


Quote:
My project is fine in the USA, but in the UK the government would have probably confiscate the whole thing from me and crush it.
Indeed, but since your project involves an older domestic model that is exempt of nearly every modern safety feature and a regular import with all the emissions clearances needed it sounds less bureaucratic than working around a grey-import.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #159 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 8,053
Thanks: 1,707
Thanked 2,671 Times in 2,089 Posts
I love the idea of a bureaucrat looking at that vehicle. There'd be brain matter all over the ceiling.

  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com