EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller (https://ecomodder.com/forum/open-revolt-open-source-dc-motor-controller.html)
-   -   IGBT driver board (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/igbt-driver-board-15966.html)

mrbigh 01-31-2011 12:36 PM

IGBT driver board

1 Attachment(s)
Finally I have the parts that do go along the IGBT driver board for the Paul & Sabrina revolt controller board. Based on Powerex electrical design and Paul's PCB art layout.
I will be supplying the bare PCB and the PC board with almost all parts, excluding the VLA500-01 and the 2 gate power resistors.
Gate resistors (R3 and R7) depend on the preferred IGBT to be use, values will be in the range of 1.5 to 12 Ohms, 2 Watts dissipation.
Parts will be supplied populated on the board but unsolder to minimize parts bagging, labeling and placement mistake.
The parts kit:
6 Zenner diodes
2 Ultra fast recovery diodes
5 resistors
2 Optoisolators
5 electrolytic cap.
2 right angle connector headers
1 straight connector header
3 header connector sockets
12 gold crimp/solder pins

All parts distribution will be handled by USPS flat rate mailers in continental USA.
International orders are welcome, inquire whiting.
Payment will be through PAYPAL.

jackbauer 02-01-2011 03:34 AM

I'll take 2! What's the availability on the vla modules?

JasonG 02-01-2011 07:23 AM

While I am planning to go AC, I wanted to say way to go !

Thanks for pulling the pieces together for those who don't know their way around the suppliers.

mrbigh 02-01-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouMan (Post 218066)
I'll take 2 to :)
I was wondering, have the boards been checked for accuracy? I know there a simple design and Paul is at the top of his game just wondering have they been checked for errors? or tested?
but I still want 2, where is the paypal link?
thanks

I checked the circuit layout against the schematic and is OK.
TEST it, not. We haven't purchase the VLA500-01 yet. We need at least a 5 pieces minimum order; I'm good for 2 at least.
I will send you the Paypal contact info after I get the USPS charges, sidetracked by the snow by hell, if you know what I meant.

mrbigh 02-01-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackbauer (Post 218052)
I'll take 2! What's the availability on the vla modules?

In a 5 pieces minimum order, each will be u$s40.00 a piece plus postage.
Not to bad.

jackbauer 02-01-2011 01:56 PM

Ok well i'll need two vla modules. If we can't get 5 people i'll take up the slack.

billhac 02-01-2011 01:58 PM

ok, i will take 5, just send me your payment info, boards will come populated, minus gate resistors and vla, ok by me

Nevyn 02-01-2011 05:11 PM

I'm in PM conversation with mrbigh now; trying not to sound like a dunce in front of everyone. I may be in for one board kit and 2x VLA's as well.

Where are the VLA's coming from? Best I found was $37.78 from Richardson:

VLA500-01 Powerex HVIC - Richardson Electronics Ltd

billhac 02-01-2011 05:32 PM

yep, i saw them there, not many availible though, only 36 in stock

mrbigh 02-02-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevyn (Post 218148)
I'm in PM conversation with mrbigh now; trying not to sound like a dunce in front of everyone. I may be in for one board kit and 2x VLA's as well.

Where are the VLA's coming from? Best I found was $37.78 from Richardson:

VLA500-01 Powerex HVIC - Richardson Electronics Ltd

Richardson is the only source right now.
I will be able to place the order for the VLAs and distribute them with the PC boards.