Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
ls40095

Greatness..U guys gotta see this

I just came across this and thought U guys would like to see it. Its not my car.

1993 Honda Civic VX

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
Its a keeper ! and already has some aerodynamic adjustments done, not sure if its the approach i would have taken! I think squishing the sides of the car between two semi's say 6 inches per side would really give the car an areo advantage.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Last time I saw one sell, it was around $5,000 and that one is a little over an hour away from me, so I'm tempted to go look at it, thanks!
Neither mirror is busted, so it didn't side swipe anything, there is very little rust on the rear wheel wells and the front end parts that are damaged bolt on, and it has good compression, so what's not to love about it?
Old 04-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Addict/No Cure

StolenHoopty - '90 Honda Accord EX

HvyDrnkr - '93 Cadillac Seville
Better go get it Ryland, you know that it's a steal!

Big n' Boxy, Never met a Hill it Didn't Like
Old 04-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Waiting until morning to look at it/buy it because the guy who has it needs to use it up until tomorrow, he is otherwise going to sell it to someone for $600 who is going to turn it in to an art project... really???

The guy has been driving it as is for the last 2 months, he says it pulls to the right, needs new front tires, radiator leaks and muffler is rusted out, but a used Hood's $75, Radiator is $60, fenders $50, back window $75, exhaust pipe is $140 and and although I've never done body work my boss has and has a nice gun for spraying paint, I have 5 people already who said if I fix it up that they would buy it from me! This guys other idea was to chop the back off and make it in to a mini-truck... because the rear window is missing... if gas gets to $5 a gallon I have to wonder what a car like this would sell for.

Last edited by Ryland; 04-07-2012 at 07:22 PM..
Old 04-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
...where's you buffing compound?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I almost bought it, but I didn't...

The car runs great, shifts smooth, has a new o2 sensor and the engine feels very strong, the inside of the car is also in decent shape aside from some paint and marker drawings...
But I didn't buy it because I didn't think I could make it appealing enough to sell it to someone else and stay within budget, so if someone else can get it, then by all means buy it! it does have rust, not much on the rear wheel wells, but the rocker panels are rusty, jack points are solid, suspension is solid too.
The front end damage is a little worse then I thought, radiator support needs to be replaced as well and if someone hooked a come-a-long to the front and pulled it I think it would help a great deal in making things line up and look right, but as it is the front end is a little tweeked, it also needs an exhaust pipe, adding all of this up it was going to cost to much to make it look nice, but if someone doesn't care how it looks then great! it should be good for anther 100,000 miles!

The deal with the white stuff on the outside is it's water based paint... the owner left the country for a few months with the car in the care of someone else, person caring for the car said it was stolen, driven 3 blocks, ditched and the radio was taken... no police report was filed and the ignition was never damaged, but this person said that they wanted it to be less appealing to thieves so they painted it! most of the paint has washed off, but it makes it look odd for sure.

So if anyone is in Minneapolis and needs a reliable car that is not pretty to look at, buy this one! if I needed one for my self I would have, but I would have been buying it for other people who I couldn't say if they would accept it.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
ls40095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I almost bought it, but I didn't...

The car runs great, shifts smooth, has a new o2 sensor and the engine feels very strong, the inside of the car is also in decent shape aside from some paint and marker drawings...
But I didn't buy it because I didn't think I could make it appealing enough to sell it to someone else and stay within budget, so if someone else can get it, then by all means buy it! it does have rust, not much on the rear wheel wells, but the rocker panels are rusty, jack points are solid, suspension is solid too.
The front end damage is a little worse then I thought, radiator support needs to be replaced as well and if someone hooked a come-a-long to the front and pulled it I think it would help a great deal in making things line up and look right, but as it is the front end is a little tweeked, it also needs an exhaust pipe, adding all of this up it was going to cost to much to make it look nice, but if someone doesn't care how it looks then great! it should be good for anther 100,000 miles!

The deal with the white stuff on the outside is it's water based paint... the owner left the country for a few months with the car in the care of someone else, person caring for the car said it was stolen, driven 3 blocks, ditched and the radio was taken... no police report was filed and the ignition was never damaged, but this person said that they wanted it to be less appealing to thieves so they painted it! most of the paint has washed off, but it makes it look odd for sure.

So if anyone is in Minneapolis and needs a reliable car that is not pretty to look at, buy this one! if I needed one for my self I would have, but I would have been buying it for other people who I couldn't say if they would accept it.
Ive been looking for a VX for a few years........If I see another, I will reply to this thread providing its still open. the last VX I saw was on ebay and sold for $3075.last week.... The one prior to that I drove in Ft Lauderdale florida in December. It had 207k on it and needed a clutch so I passed at a price of $2500.....only because I found a MINT Del Sol from an old lady with over $9000 in maintenance receipts that Im now selling for $4850........I have a clean CX with 127k that averages 40mpg and recently bought my first ECHO but Im still on the hunt for a VX.......but for $600, I would have looked at it if It was local

Reply  Post New Thread