Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Newbie

Parachute - '03 Chevrolet Tracker LX
90 day: 28.55 mpg (US)

Peon - '95 Plymouth Neon Highline baby!
90 day: 31.39 mpg (US)

Slocus Wagon - '06 Ford Focus SE
I do basically all highway driving, 2 lane though, I've gained about 5 mpg from pulsing and gliding with the hills. I also do higher speed and frequency p&g if I have traffic behind me, 55mph to 47 or so, this is with traffic doing 50 mph. I find most people get what I'm doing after a couple cycles, and don't rush to fill the space on the pulse. The highway is busy enough that passing isn't really an option and they will not have lost anytime anyways. I am keeping up with traffic just with a variable speed. Also I will pass someone slow if I get the chance to use them as a buffer for better p&g. Also p&g behind a big truck so you are drafting in the glide is also good fun! For a few seconds I'm closer than I would normally be but it extends the glide significantly.
I haven't had anyone get pissed off yet and if someone starts to get aggresive then I guess I will conform to "normal" brainless highway driving protocols. Or maybe I'll get one of those friendly bumper stickers "How's my driving, call 1-800-eat... " you know the rest, well probably not.
Ian

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread