Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Question 1996 Civic HX a/f wideband results..

I know I could search but thought I'd start a thread about the results of my main (upstream) o2 wideband sensor on my 96 Civic HX. I saw DSMHondaguy's post http://ecomodder.com/forum/559622-post31.html about the sensor going bad. And it made me wonder how mine was operating since it failed 3 years ago and I replaced it.

I have the Denso 234-5052 sensor in there, which is really a reboxed NTK 24300.

Anyway I was plugging in the obd2 scanner to look at the live data, once everything was warmed up. The voltages that I'm seeing is 0.500 to 0.505v at idle. If I give it gas (in neutral) just raising the rpms quickly the voltage dipped to 0.295v. Letting off the gas it went to 0.495, then 0.500. And hovered around that.

Now I know this sounds dumb, but gotta ask.. I thought voltages increased when the car ran rich (giving it gas), but I'm getting less voltage. Just was trying to see if the o2 sensor was working properly..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-04-2018, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Needs More Duct Tape

Slambo - '99 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.21 mpg (US)
Dunno 'bout the technical stuff, but I just replaced the wideband sensor in my '99 HX with the OEM Denso. Found the best price at Advance Auto Parts online, surprisingly (using one of their ever-present coupon codes). It took forever to ship from Denso's warehouse in California. When I checked with AAP to see why it was taking so long, they apologized and cut a few extra $$$ off the price. Worth the wait.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yes the denso 234-5052 part is a reboxed NTK 24300, so that is definitely a good alternative. Since it is the same exact part that is needed for the HX's (D16Y5) upstream o2 sensor.

Thanks for the post of where to buy but you're right, my post was for technical help with the results I received from my scanner.

And I'm still hoping that someone can add their thoughts on my results..

Reply  Post New Thread