Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
The PRC.

Just for fun, your top 10

What are your top 10 pieces of music - the top 10 you would have on your last CD or MP3 player above all others.

No I am not looking for the top in-car audio hardware - if you post you can get 6K+ tracks in your car you are automatically a w@nker.

Just your top 10 tracks, songs, music, speech, peom. Links to youtube etc. welcome. Things that make you go Oooh, or Aaaah.

EDIT - Include your reason for inclusion.

Last edited by Arragonis; 10-06-2012 at 06:06 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I don't think I could cut it down to just ten, especially not just tracks. But a few tops:

1) The Patrick Ball version of Carolan's "Fanny Power". Why? Because it is perfect.

2) Beethoven: Fur Elise, Lenore #3, and 9th Symphony. Too modern, really, but I like them.

3) Bach: Brandenberg Concertos, "Sheep May Safely Graze", or about anything else.

4) Altan, "An Mhaighdean Mhara", "Dulaman", and "An Cailin Gaelach" from the "Island Angel" album.

5) Everything from Clannad's first half-dozen or so albums.

6) "The New Land" (Otis Thomas) from Ceoltori

7) The Arkangel recording of Shakespeare's "The Tempest".

Beyond that, too many to pick favorites.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
The PRC.

Thats a pretty neat list

OK - to open it, you can include a track of any length or maybe an album or a play or anything.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
Its hard for me to pick ten best ever songs, Up in my top ten list is this -

Old 10-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hard for me to lay out a full ten. My favorite is almost anything by Joe Satriani.

Basic description is one of the world's best electric guitarists who will thrill your socks off w/o having to listen to dirty lyrics!
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

In no particular order:

1) "It Don't Heal Clean" by Natalie Archangel-simple, haunting Duet with Howard Jones amid some nice minor chords.

2) "The Better Angels of Our Nature" by Monks of Doom-chilling lyrics set to a simple guitar and mandolin melody.

3) "Release the Pressure" by Leftfield-an unusual, almost broken Reggae ballad with instrumental interrupts lasting longer than the vocals.Alternates between Quiet and Crash like a panicked heartbeat.

4) "Noah's Dove" by 10,000 Maniacs-beautiful, melodious vocals and a smooth tidal blend of piano and guitar work.

5) "Wo Bist Du" by Rammstien-Metal, grating vocals amid a German Rock Opera background.

6) "Fire On Babylon" by Sinead O'Conner-the vocalist literally screams and keens her bleeding heart out on this one-you'll remember it.

7) "The Night of the Loving Dead" by Lordi-driving beat, smooth and complex rhythms, and energetic vocals.

8) "Merritville" by Dream Syndicate-Wall of Sound blues guitar work, smooth and complex like a great Scotch,completely at odds with the bitter story told in the lyrics.

9) "Sally's Pigeons" by Cyndi Lauper-anybody who has never heard anything but Ms. Lauper's Top Forty Pop hits must really hear this..be prepared for a good cry afterward though.

10) "Bring Your Adz" by Jake Shimabukura-fusion jazz with a bouncy, effortless-seeming complexity.Mr. Shimabukura does for the Tenor and Baritone Ukulele what Hendrix did with to the early electric guitar.

Please note that my Top Ten change on a nearly weekly basis from my Top Fifty or so...

EDIT: forgot to include reasons for inclusion as per the original post. All opinions are just that of course..

Last edited by order99; 10-29-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread