Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemooer View Post
well on oct 13, i was "laid off" from my detailing job at a very busy HONDA dealer. For some reason mid Sept. sales just ... died, we were on track to sell 165 car total on sept 14, and we ended up with 90 total. and when they realized that they needed to cut 65K a month if this is how it was going to be, the highest paid hourly "backbone" go kicked out "temporarily". But i'm getting unemployment, and i found a little side job for a local small used car lot.
Thats why i haven't been on much.
Another Ohio job lost. Sorry to hear. It looks like we're heading back to the rust-belt days of the late 70's. My folks' store in Akron isn't seeing many customers anymore. Even the Archway cookie factory closed!

I don't live there anymore, but I grew up near Wadsworth when jobs were really thin and layoffs were rampant. My folks made it work somehow, but it was tough. It still stings to see hard working people get blasted there for no good reason.

I'll be there this weekend, around Akron and Canton. It's been about a year -- I'm sure things have changed.

Keep searching.

RH77

_
_
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Mullet Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
That's sad to see. Several local businesses have closed recently in NE Ohio. All my friends who work at large Dealerships are telling me that things are not looking so well for them right now.

I will have to say that there is a slight increase at our local garage because of all the others that have closed or people not wanting to pay dealership repair costs. My boss tells us he is not going anywhere and we will continue to grow.

GeoMetroforum.com - got mpg?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Deadly Efficient

Olivia - '03 Pontiac Vibe base
90 day: 36.01 mpg (US)

R2-D2 - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.81 mpg (US)
That's good to hear, Johnny.
Our boss just informed us this morning that we'll get the entire WEEK off for Thanksgiving, as well as two more for Christmas. All unpaid 'cause I haven't been there a full year yet.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

My business is not doing too well eaither.--Although it isn't exactly auto related. I run a people body shop. I'm a massage therapist. In these lean times people cut out whatever they do not percieve as a necessity.

Luckily there are still people with injuries (I know that sounds bad) like athletes and workers' comp., along with stressed out execs. that realize the value of keeping your body in tune.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
EV OR DIESEL

FarFarfrumpumpen - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS Premium

Quorra - '12 Tesla Model S P85
Send a message via AIM to dremd
Well; survival is high on the list for a lot of people latley; I've been working a lot; and it is harder to be excited about saving cheaper fuel, even harder to be excited when you are burning sub $1 fuel.

I still promise to not waste fuel like I have in the past; at this price point, season, that's good enough, do I want better; absolutely, at what cost . . . .

Still funny to tell people how long it has been since I put fuel in the tank though; but they aren't as impressed by the MPG#'s (the fact that they have not been great isn't helping).

I did buy 2 gallons of D2 yesterday to lower my gel point; 2.99/ Gallon. $6 cash
Gone 2013 Nissan LEAF SV
2012 Nissan LEAF SV
6 speed ALH TDI Swapped in to a 2003 Jetta Wagon
Old 10-30-2008, 12:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

DMC - '99 Honda Civic DX
Gas is going down but that don't stop me from coming over here. I could probably fill my entire tank for $30 but I don't have that kinda money.

In fact I started giving friends rides to places they need to go so I don't have to think about gas so much. My buddy put in $15 into my gas tank yesterday.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Well, looks like I'm in the market too.

I might get back into consulting so PM me if you need anything computer (enterprise sized to microcontroller).