Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

$225,000 is the budget for your first vehicle?!?!?!? Yeah, Id want to see service records too for that. Now if you like a partly eco modded 2010 insight with phev Ill set you up for 15 grand, hell Ill drive it to Jersery for you will bells on.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Er, no... I'm pretty sure he's talking about the # of miles on the used car.

FWIW - I bought both my Honda VX and my Jetta TDI with over 300K miles on the clock.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Find a near by ecomodder, or better yet, find an average person with a long commute who is desperate (and willing) to get better mpg. Both of you ecomod the car. This way you either help a fellow member, or get some good candid footage as average Joe see's the benefit's from ecomodding!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Needs More Duct Tape

Slambo - '99 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.21 mpg (US)
Aye, yep ... 225K on the clock, not in the budget.

The overall plan is to help folks make maintenance/mods on their cars, but we need enough time with each vehicle to develop consistent data. Test, put it up on the lift/apply magic, test again.

I don't want to be in the used car business, but this could work along side that type of operation ...
Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
The PRC.

Find a few ecomodders for some variety - maybe some with long and short commutes, different topology (hills etc.) and maybe different vehicles - small cars (Metros ?), hybrids, Diesel and maybe a truck / SUV.

Or an alternative idea how about a challenge type format.

Take 3-4 average car owners. Give them the list of mods and/or a helper and see if they can get to or above "official" figures. Chart what they do and explain why they think it will work. Kind of like a economy style "Scrapheap / Junkyard Challenge" but maybe with less angry grinders. Then measure their fuel usage either over the same route or their usual route, detail what A-B-A means, detail perhaps what is and what is not safe and effective. Maybe also throw in some unicorn corral entries just for fun.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Yeah, the Carlos Baker thing is based on announcing your Italian roots and seeing how often you can say fondon in your conversation.

Ive tried to give tips and help people eco mod, but they just dont see that interested in saving money or fuel. As one of 2 Enginer Insight PHEV owners in the US Ive talked to many and showed the results of double epa, the fun of EV mode and better performance, but money was always an issue even if it paid fo itself in 2 years.

Im disappointed the EV series SUCK AMPs never made it as they had one hell of a mail truck converted to an ev.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Captain Planet

Smokey - '00 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 38.53 mpg (US)

Jade - '02 Acura RSX Type S
Subscribed... Interested to see how this comes along.

Cheers!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Slow steppin'

2013 Coachman 21QBC - '12 Chevy Express 4500 RV
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGomatic View Post
Aye, yep ... 225K on the clock, not in the budget.

The overall plan is to help folks make maintenance/mods on their cars, but we need enough time with each vehicle to develop consistent data. Test, put it up on the lift/apply magic, test again.

I don't want to be in the used car business, but this could work along side that type of operation ...
Hello,

I'm just going to throw this out ... Have you gone to shops and garages with the idea of promoting them as the focus? You may find willing and paying sponsors in this fashion. Ofcourse, the project should be laid out in order to complete the different mods, and the main yet secondary story is the incredible mileage gains from those mods, or the complete bust of the mods.
There are other shows along this line - Since your looking for money to handle production costs, etc., it is important to realize what business you're jumping into at this level. Even if you YT it, you could get some dollars by featuring shops and garages. Just a thought.

I think this will be awesome and interesting
Old 05-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Needs More Duct Tape

Slambo - '99 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.21 mpg (US)
Thanks!

I've had a bunch of positive developments over the last month. The plan was to start shooting this week but I'm still waiting for supplies to arrive. It all happens so quickly on those TV "reality" programs, but not in real life.

My buddy has an awesome garage with a bunch of lifts. We put a 2014 Mazda6 SKYACTIV-G up in the air last week to shoot the extensive aerodynamic work. That review video will be a bit different. The 6's belly is super tweaked.

I'm running a pre-production Google+ Hangout tonight for the new series at 9:00 PM EST. I'll be letting some cats out of the bag. Here's the hype:

Ain't Fuelin' Hangout! - May 9, 9PM EDT - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coroner View Post
Hello,

I'm just going to throw this out ... Have you gone to shops and garages with the idea of promoting them as the focus? You may find willing and paying sponsors in this fashion. Ofcourse, the project should be laid out in order to complete the different mods, and the main yet secondary story is the incredible mileage gains from those mods, or the complete bust of the mods.
There are other shows along this line - Since your looking for money to handle production costs, etc., it is important to realize what business you're jumping into at this level. Even if you YT it, you could get some dollars by featuring shops and garages. Just a thought.

I think this will be awesome and interesting

Reply  Post New Thread