Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2018, 10:12 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Another hero.
Let's create a movement called F... with The LCD Technology.

Digital converters, at least the one here, it's a garbage. It already send the analogic signal with contrast blow-up (white clipping) so the tonalities nuances that should be near white became pure white, creating white holes. People with a white suit in a stage with many lights, became similar to Jor Ell clothes in Superman the Movie :

I couldn't find any way to change settins of contrast in the digital converter. Reduce contrast in the CRT TV don't help, since the image already come from the converter with contrast f..ked up, with the bright tonalities already clipped.
So now I wish to destroy and burn the 4K LED TV and this digital converter together.

I don't find CRT TV on any store in my city. I have a 29 inch tRinitron bu not progressive, and the on-off button broked. A bas..tard technician fixed it. charged a lot, and it's broked again in a year.
Anyway to watch open channels would require a digital converter, and like I said the converters destroyed the contrast. It was designed this way just to annoy me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
My dad has bought in 2011 a 32-inch LED TV that stopped working for no reason last November, so I simply bought a digital converter and resumed using an old 5.5-inch black-and-white portable CRT TV that I bought in 2010. Well, even when I already had that 32-inch LED POS, I still used the 5.5-inch CRT from late 2014 to early 2016 when my dad bought a wall-mounted support for the LED TV which is now simply hanging from a wall in my bedroom gathering dust.

When Philips still made CRT TVs, it has claimed that some of its 14-inch ones was the best to use in bedrooms. Well, I really don't understand why not making them with integrated digital converters like the flat TVs have.

Just annex Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina, Paraná, São Paulo and Mato Grosso do Sul, deport all the commies to Venezuela and Cuba, and call it an epic day

Last edited by All Darc; 04-05-2018 at 10:28 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

A example???
Ok...

This:

Into this :

LCD it's like these nuggets. But you can say this new technology it's greener, since recycled the dead animals collected in the roads by police.

And a japanese researcher found a technology able to extract protein from human suage. Macdonalds will probably hire hin.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-t...-out-of-feces/

It will be a alternative to Human Centipede.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Are there other examples of technology that "progressed" into versions that performed worse in multiple categories? EVs come to mind with phenomenally expensive "gas tanks" that take ages to fill, and must be filled at progressively slower rates, that grow smaller over time.

I'm convinced now not to own an LCD TV. I've won one and gave it away, and currently own a technology that is sought after, plasma, and don't want to replace it with inferior technology. That said, LCD panels are dirt cheap these days. I can get a 65" 4k LCD for $450.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-05-2018 at 11:09 AM..
Old 04-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

That's was one thing I also explained in the giant text in the begining of this thread. But nobody reads a giant text...
The 4K 50 inch LCD took 200W while the CRT 29 inch took 100w.

Everyone change CRT to LCD takes a huge screen. No surprise if energy consume in average, from this global change from CRT to LCD, have rised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
My 27” Trinitron uses about 35 watts,
My roommates 36” LCD uses about 40 watts

I’m not sure that “power” hungry is universally accurate,
Because a lot of folks buy an 80” lcd they are using more power than if they had a smaller classic CRT
------------------------------------

Wise lady.

Buy her some flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I bought Mom a 32" 720p TV and she never uses it. Her Siko TV is full HD, but that seems to be its only redeeming quality.
--------------------------------------

I don't remamber well about polarized, but it have ghosting, and anaglyphes have also ghosting.
And most 3D conversions are not good. And 3D TVs, are LCD and it can't have IPS panels (not much better) for 3D TVs.

So in the end it's all crap once again.

Liquid crystal glasses, flickering right left images according to the right left displayed images for 3D, are probably way better, but can broke and it's expensive.

Projector looks dull, and LCD projector have the dynamic range limitation of LCD, and we see a anoying grid projected together, the pattern of LCD. To get ride of the gride you have to adjust focus and blur the image, creating another problem.
Never saw DILA projector.

Retina Display... never saw... I bet it will shake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
So say we all.

I think your reaction is fascinating. Have you done experiments like viewing in a mirror, through polarized filters, etc. How do you do with film at a 24fps shutter speed?

Projectors? Apple's Retina display?

Last edited by All Darc; 04-05-2018 at 11:26 AM..
Old 04-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Well, I did two tests, but was these tests on Facebook posts, and most are very benevolent, Facebook thing to make people happy.

Anway one test was like a test for daltonism (color blindness), but way harder, since the colors was a lot closer than daltonsim tests. I won it and the test said I had very good view for colors.

A second test had maybe a hundred color squares out of orther, and I was requested to put it in order to create a gradient color rainbow or something like it. I won it and the test told me I had a view perception for colors and tones better than average.
But theses test are mostly ego massagist, easier than what they lead people to believe.

I did a test for Tetrachromacy, or a similar thing, but they reported iot was super rare condition, maybe 1 in 100.000 or 1 in a 1000.0000 people that could see the hiden image. And I'm not such mutant, since I didn't saw any hiden image. I wish I had this mutation, for even better view. But I would probably complain even more about TVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Maybe it's a mutant super power. Did you think of that? Probably not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrachromacy

Last edited by All Darc; 04-05-2018 at 11:57 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
freebeard (04-06-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

I got it 100% right :

Can You Pass This Tricky Eye Test? | Playbuzz

This one it's different than the two I did in past, but it's a similar principle. And like the two earlier I won perfect.

Some images are too small, with some JPEG artefacts making difficult.

The red test, the most difficult, it's easier looking to the HD version instead of the main test tinny images, where artefacts size became not relevant.

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/e99f31fc...aed317d035.jpg

So... the test itself prove artefacts are bad thing, even when minimal.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #46 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
UPDATE:

Looks like I'm keeping my plasma for at least the next 6 months. I connected the cable TV signal via component video and optical audio to my receiver. Then I connected my HTPC with a DP to VGA to the TV, and stereo to RCA audio to the receiver.

I've got no digital signals going to the TV, but it looks fine using analog inputs. We're not paying for HD cable (included in rent price), so the image quality looks the same as before. I'd be running OTA antenna for TV if we didn't have free cable, and could put an antenna up.

Maybe OLED will come down in price by the time I actually wish to replace the plasma.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 04-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Have the plama TV motion blur?
Old 04-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #48 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Let's create a movement called F... with The LCD Technology.
As long as it works, I could really care less about the display.

Quote:
Digital converters, at least the one here, it's a garbage.
I use an Intelbras converter, which was the cheapest one I could find from a brand that I consider reliable. Do you use some of those supplied by the government?

Quote:
I don't find CRT TV on any store in my city.
Where do you live? As you might have noticed, I'm from Porto Alegre, and haven't also found NOS CRT TVs anywhere. Last time I saw a considerable amount of CRT TVs for sale, it was at an antiquarium, and the cheapest ones were quite similar to the one I'm using now.

Quote:
Anyway to watch open channels would require a digital converter, and like I said the converters destroyed the contrast.
I don't know if it's because I'm using a B&W TV with a small screen, but I haven't experienced any problem with the converter since I bought it.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

For broadcast, I prefer a small TV, no more than 20 inch CRT, cause in large the digital artefacts became more noticeable. But for DVD I prefer the 29 inch Trinitron CT (On-Off with deffect now).

My converter it's a Aquarius DTV 5000. Designed specially to piss me off...
It clipped the brigth tones, creating the Jor Ell shinning clothes effect I said earlier, and there is no setting adjust to fix it. Since it already go f...up to the CRT, no CRT TV settings can fix it.

I Live on estado de São Paulo, interior paulista.
I took a look at the VRTs on Phillips site, but look like old models from 15 years ago, no new feature, bo better definition, saw no progressive scan model.
Murphy's Law it's my personal curse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
As long as it works, I could really care less about the display.

I use an Intelbras converter, which was the cheapest one I could find from a brand that I consider reliable. Do you use some of those supplied by the government?

Where do you live? As you might have noticed, I'm from Porto Alegre, and haven't also found NOS CRT TVs anywhere. Last time I saw a considerable amount of CRT TVs for sale, it was at an antiquarium, and the cheapest ones were quite similar to the one I'm using now.

I don't know if it's because I'm using a B&W TV with a small screen, but I haven't experienced any problem with the converter since I bought it.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-06-2018 at 01:31 PM..
Old 04-06-2018, 01:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
My converter it's a Aquarius DTV 5000.
I almost bought one of those.

Reply  Post New Thread