Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Yes, my xA has those rubber boots and they definitely would not fit back on the fixture with the LED bulbs installed. Also, on the passenger side on my car, there is a lot of oil on the three pronged plug, which I am not sure how / when it got there. If this is ongoing, then I would have to protect the heatsink from getting covered with oil.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Hello all, I have yet to take night shots against a wall to show the cut-off, but I did start this thread with further info./discussions on LED headlight conversions over at H-T.

I'm happy with the lighting, and the amp draw appears to be low. I'd like to replace the halogen bulbs on my OEM fogs with LED units in the near future, as those draw quite a bit more current.

Yes, I had issues with fitment on the rubber boots as well. I simply cut the hole in the middle a good bit wider so that they could slip over the cooling fans, and problem solved.

I'll get up some wall pics asap, but it may be a while. I don't drive the Civic at night very often.
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

Old 12-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
I drove at night last night. The high beams don't seem to throw light further down the road but reflective road signs seem to be picking up more light, and there's more fill to the sides.

While the right side acts normally, the one on the left switches up to high beam instantaneously but there's a half-second gap switching back to low. I hope that's not a failure mode, there was no warranty phone number printed on the box. I'll probably leave them on low.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #34 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
^I've noticed the same. Intermittent action on my left side getting into high beam. I've noticed it sometimes has to do with whether my fog button is pressed (even though the factory fogs only work on low, due to oem relay). Sometimes high beam won't fire on the left side, period. I need to check all connections before blaming it on the lights, as right side works perfectly.

Correct, pattern is a bit scattered/non-focused. Still, better than halogen, better voltage (less used), and much better than non-focused HID's (safer, more reliable).

"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

The Following User Says Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
freebeard (12-08-2014)
Reply  Post New Thread