Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2017, 07:39 PM   #121 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Why don't you look into the work of Transonic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
THAT is what I want to do vaporizer 100% of the gasoline on the spot.

Low temp vapor will leave gunk behind, IF you run a whole tank though and only burn off the light stuff you get garbage back into the tank.

For this to work I need high temps to burn all the junk in the gas. And put nothing back into the tank.

Rich
They are out of business now but the patents are set to expire. They pre-heated the gasoline (or diesel or whatever fuel you were running ), pressurized it to tens of thousands of PSI to keep it from vaporizing and then just before injection, heated the fuel to the critical point. Upon injection, the fuel has a very rapid dispersion rate resulting in tremendous pre-mixing before the initiation of the spark. They tested a 50% increase in thermal efficiency putting the gasoline spark engine in line with some diesels.

I'm not sure what you have up your sleeve but I highly doubt you will top that.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #122 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
Super heated gdi sounds legit.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #123 (permalink)
Eco of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
They are out of business now but the patents are set to expire. They pre-heated the gasoline (or diesel or whatever fuel you were running ), pressurized it to tens of thousands of PSI to keep it from vaporizing and then just before injection, heated the fuel to the critical point. Upon injection, the fuel has a very rapid dispersion rate resulting in tremendous pre-mixing before the initiation of the spark. They tested a 50% increase in thermal efficiency putting the gasoline spark engine in line with some diesels.

I'm not sure what you have up your sleeve but I highly doubt you will top that.
? that can be beaten. Its been done before.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #124 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,177 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
It could be tested with propane. A little math to convert propane mpg into gallons of gasoline equivalent.
Done.
I had a dual fuel motor home with a 454. The propane mpg sucked the gas mpg sucked. I ended up draining both tanks just to keep from having to stop as often for fuel. I do think the gas was about 8mpg and the propane not even 6mpg. The good thing was I had a supplier for the propane that was well under $2/gal (one special I was able to fuel for $.99/gal) and gas was almost $4/gal at the time. No road taxes on the propane. Both tanks were in the 40 gallon range. The guy that bought it from me burned it to the ground connecting the unregulated motor take to serve the house loads so he could park for months at a time. Apparently the 18k BTU furnace became more like a 50k BTU furnace.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
elhigh (01-17-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #125 (permalink)
Eco of course

Quote:
THAT is what I want to do vaporizer 100% of the gasoline on the spot.

Low temp vapor will leave gunk behind, IF you run a whole tank though and only burn off the light stuff you get garbage back into the tank.

For this to work I need high temps to burn all the junk in the gas. And put nothing back into the tank.

Rich
you don't need 800 degrees to do it. your goal and the end should be a white vapor.. or if you go one step higher Plasma state .. you will need to strip electrons and excite the Protons to a state of implosion to make it happen
Old 01-15-2017, 03:28 AM   #126 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

With a spark ignited engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf4624 View Post
? that can be beaten. Its been done before.
And no co-generation? Please pray tell us. I've been at this for decades and I've not seen it.

Please don't come here quoting the usual "sources" of 200 mpg vehicles. I have either seen them work in person or I have built duplicates of them. They do work after a fashion but none double or triple the thermal fuel efficiency of a gasoline spark ignited engine.

The ability to get 50% thermal efficiency from a spark ignited gasoline engine is pretty exceptional. That isn't far behind the efficiency of an ocean going diesel power plant. A few more improvements will put TE closer to 60%. This isn't bogus internet claims. This is just good engineering.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:32 AM   #127 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

With all due respect . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf4624 View Post
you don't need 800 degrees to do it. your goal and the end should be a white vapor.. or if you go one step higher Plasma state .. you will need to strip electrons and excite the Protons to a state of implosion to make it happen
. . . do you even know what you are talking about? Gasoline in a plasma state? Implosion of Protons? I worked on proton accelerators during the Star Wars program and there is no state of implosion. You may say so, but that does not make it so.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #128 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sorry I am not picking and choosing what I like or don't like...I cannot make a good argument nor work with some of the figures and facts(sic) some state.

I think if you read the header I asked FOR HELP, IF I knew what you seem to think I know or seem to think I need/should to know I would NOT be asking for help.

ALL I can go by is the claims of so many whom have said the got fantastic MPG on and off for the past 70 Years.

I still think there is something to what all these people have said and I can see how so many ended up failing, due to simple and common mistakes.

So for other than nay sayers I have not see one person here offer any help or support.

But I more or less did not expect any.

Rich
Old 01-16-2017, 02:52 AM   #129 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

No help?

Quote:
Sorry I am not picking and choosing what I like or don't like...I cannot make a good argument nor work with some of the figures and facts(sic) some state.

I think if you read the header I asked FOR HELP, IF I knew what you seem to think I know or seem to think I need/should to know I would NOT be asking for help.

ALL I can go by is the claims of so many whom have said the got fantastic MPG on and off for the past 70 Years.

I still think there is something to what all these people have said and I can see how so many ended up failing, due to simple and common mistakes.

So for other than nay sayers I have not see one person here offer any help or support.

But I more or less did not expect any.

Rich
I and others have offered a lifetime of help. Why do you think we are focused on keeping you from making simple basic mistakes? Because many of us have been there and done that. You seem to think you have an idea that is workable, but yet you cannot and should not disclose it on this or any other forum. You expect help? For what? You cannot disclose any specifics so do not expect any specifics. And why do you think there are no 200 mpg Dodge B350 Vans with a gross of 10K pounds and a big V8 gasoline engine? Because there is not enough energy in a gallon of gasoline to propel it 200 miles unless you zero out your rolling resistance, your aero resistance and all your drive losses.

Don't blame us when you have dumped all your time and money into an effort that was doomed from the start because you couldn't grasp a basic concept of the physical world.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:28 AM   #130 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Right so all of you have build a pure 100% gasoline vapor system and tested it??

Sorry I missed that response.

I used to believe that getting 30MPG in a full sized car was nearly impossible, yet I currently drive a 2000 Mercury Grand Marques that gets 27 MPG Stock, and can get 35 MPG at 65 MPH.

AND has plenty of performance.

And out of a 4.6 which is smaller than a 289 CI engine.

How?? By Fuel injection using Port injection at the end of a Tuned port intake with a 4 speed transmission and running under 2000 RPMs @ 65 MPH.

My 1993 Chevy van can do 16 to 19 MPG stock with a TBI system.

I was hoping to try a TPI system on it some day.

I have read of the 80s Camaro getting 30 MPG+ when a setting in the CPU called a lean burn cruse setting is programed ON.

Same set up as my Mercury. Port injected TPI.

Big jump in MPG from the 70s when the best was around sub 20MPG to now 30MPG and more is common.

I have read a number of articles stating on how much power pure vapor gasoline produces and how much volume of vapor you can get out of a gal. of gas and it can be a lot.

Someone said something about steam engines, OTHER that the BIG boiler consider how unbelievable powerful that engine is, two little pistons, really small compared to the rest of the engine, can not only pull the engine and its caboose AND a very long and heavy TRAIN using water vapor.

90% of the engine is just to convert water into steam....

So I still think it can be done.

Rich

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, scam