Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #361 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

done

Last edited by racprops; 02-17-2017 at 02:00 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #362 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Good luck then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
I think I will get better results and thus have a system in high demand.
You obviously have a high regard for your skills and knowledge. You asked for help from people with knowledge and experience and then pick and choose what you want to believe. You didn't even know what a rate equation was and cannot wrap your head around the advantages of super critical fluids.

Good luck, you will need a ton of it.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:33 PM   #363 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
You obviously have a high regard for your skills and knowledge. You asked for help from people with knowledge and experience and then pick and choose what you want to believe. You didn't even know what a rate equation was and cannot wrap your head around the advantages of super critical fluids.

Good luck, you will need a ton of it.
No I don't.

I know enough to know I need help with how hot the fuel needs to be and how to control its containment, and how to handle it.

I have a fairly good understanding of how to do it but NOT the knowledge of gas conversion, gas expansion, how large will my cooling chamber needs to be, where to get 12 Volt heaters to give me the temps it will need, how much water I will need to flow over the cooling chamber and how little so not to over cool it back into liquid, how much fuel I will need to convert to drive the car at say 65 to 85 MPH, and if I can meter it well enough to work at idle, and can I come up with system to feed extra vapor for power like take offs and passing and climbing hills.

So I figured to see if anyone here understood my ideas and had the technical knowledge to help me.

So I was wrong. No one here does.

All you seem able to is tear my ideas down and will flimsily "facts".

So I am giving up on this thread.

Rich

Last edited by racprops; 02-12-2017 at 08:41 PM..
Old 02-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #364 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

done

Old 02-13-2017, 01:04 AM   #365 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

A3 - '12 Audi A3
Man, people are trying to help you. Even with their opinions on what will and what will not work.

You should not look at things so negatively. For example the last post about the super critical stuff... if you heat the liquid to 400 degs and squirt it you get instant vapor. That is usefull info. And you shoule be looking at why it instantly combusts in the engine without a spark plug so that your aystem does act like a flame thrower!
Old 02-13-2017, 02:04 AM   #366 (permalink)
ScanGauge <3

Maybe the people who know how to build 200 MPG vapor cars don't want anyone else to know they know, lest they be murdered in their sleep by OPEC.

Best tank (so far): 32 MPG
Old 02-13-2017, 02:58 AM   #367 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have laid a solid groundwork for a basic system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
Here is the thing:

I am trying to make a vapor device that can be bought reasonably and installed on many cars.

You keep pushing a super high tech system that NO ONE here can afford.

One that could be years in the future and with electric cars doing so well may NEVER be made.

Same for the VW super MPG cars....

I really think it can work, all my experience and background with cars says it can.

Too bad no one here is any help.

Save up for your Supercritial fueled car, I will get a Tesla or a Bolt.

Rich
You can create a basic vaporizer and inject this fuel into the intake ports and combust the mix in the engine. You don't need a fancy system. Just look at a Coleman Camp stove for your inspiration. I have no doubt you can do this. You will achieve far less than the 50 percent thermal efficiency gains Transonic did with it's vastly more sophisticated approach to the problem. You think you will be able to do better. That is your opinion. Mine is not an opinion. It is based on the realities of the problem at hand. You think you cannot sell a system that only provides 20-30% TE gain. Does your automotive background allow you to perform market research with authority? If not, pay someone to do so , so as not to waste your time and resources.

If you want engineering help, don't ask for it on this forum. I do consulting work. I charge 375 USD per hour. And I'm reasonable compared to other consultants of my ilk. I have an engineering degree and a license from the state of California to conduct my work. I won't do your engineering for free. Go pay for one or educate yourself on the subject matter - and you have chosen a complex field of study.

Why don't you just do a simple vapor phase test? Take a liter of gasoline, bubble hot EGR through the container without air. This makes the vapors non combustible. Most of the gasoline will evaporate at this temperature. Run the vapors into your engine. The O2 sensor will pickup the rich mix and will adjust accordingly. Test your fuel economy by measuring the fuel used from your injection system, bubble vaporizer and what remains un-evaporated in your bubbler. This gives you the total fuel used to travel the given miles. Make any tuning adjustments you need to make. See if you gain your 100% TE. This will give you a quick and easy test to see if you have ANY VALID SCIENCE BASIS for moving forward. It doesn't matter that a small fraction of the long C14 carbon chains don't evaporate, you can account for it by measuring the mass left in the bubbler.

I'm just trying to save you a bunch of heart ache and frustration. But I'm also not going to do a bunch of calculations that honesty, are quite trivial in the light of things that need much more thought. Since you don't value my help when it's free, maybe you'll value my help if I charge you 375$ per hour?
Old 02-13-2017, 05:05 AM   #368 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

done

Old 02-13-2017, 05:08 AM   #369 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

done

Old 02-13-2017, 05:23 AM   #370 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Done

Last edited by racprops; 02-17-2017 at 01:58 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, scam