Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Events & Meet-ups
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
electricman

The First electricfly Event - "Electricfly Aero Mods"

The First electricfly Event - "Electricfly Aero Mods" is now being promoted, and runs on Sunday, April 10, 2011 from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Speakers wanted! If you have something to share on the subject topics, I am looking for Aeromod Instructors, Assistants, and Exibitors! If you just want to see and learn - Sign up as an Aeromods Observer!

Limited ticketing! This is a small group gathering, so please don't hesitate if you're thinking about joining us!

For Direct Registration - Please Click here.

NOGAS96Volts To check out my blog, and MyElectricfly to check out my website.

Electricfly is a 1989 Pontiac Firefly - designed to run on Electric Power back some 14 years ago by a Group of High School Students and their teacher.

My goals with the car have been three fold - Reduce Weight, Reduce Aerodynamic Drag, and Improve Energy Efficiency (Lighter Batteries, Higher performance batteries, solar roof, better placed batteries).

The purpose of this Event is to meet other EcoModders, and share AeroMod ideas suitable to all vehicles, and the Firefly/Electricfly in particular.

Please join me by registering Now and bringing your ideas, presentations, and enthusiasm for vehicle improvement!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
electricman

In case you were wondering - April 10, 2010 - my Electricfly Aero Mods event was attended by knowlegable guests and supporters, and I was introduced to a hands on supporters of Xof1 - one of the most Aerodynamic Vehicles out there - with over 32,000 kms on it - from Buffalo, N.Y. to the Arctic Circle (Twice) and down to FLorida once, Plus the Ice Road Truckers Ice Road Drive - and - yes - all this was done on Solar Power!

All in all - I am glad I held it, and hope for a larger crowd the next time! Did you know you can register now to be notified of the next Electricfly Aero Mods event? Just go o the first post and follow the links to register!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Are there any photo's from the event online ?

Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
electricman

I did not take any photos of the event - but there is an article about the 'Electricfly' in general - regarding the grid - here - Is the grid ready for electric cars? - Technology & Science - CBC News - which has some photos of the car - before the back window blew out - that story on my blog -
NoGas96volts.

Robert (Electricman) Weekley
Old 10-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
electricman

Part of the Reason for no photos - besides - I forgot - was the sad weather, and we kind of chatted inside most of our time, discussing general ideas, batteries, (or Cells - in the case with LiFePO4's) and some general thoughts.

Currently - EV Fest Electric Vehicle Show is in the works for Sunday, October 23, 2011, at the Evergreen Brickworks in Toronto if you can make it! Book your tickets now! There will be draws for a few prizes, and some fortunate exhibitors will have trophies awarded, too!