Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2015, 03:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Clio - '03 Renault Clio 1.5dCi
90 day: 48.94 mpg (US)
Latest economy figures are in!

Hi Everyone,

I filled up today after 730 miles / 1175 KM, the car took 43.44L which means my economy figures were as follows:

3.7 L/100 km
63.59 mpg (US)
76.36 mpg (Imp)

An 11% increase over my last tank, and a whopping 37% from my first!.

Average economy now stands at 57 mpg (US), 4.1 L/100 km, 68.4 mpg (Imp) placing me 8th in the top 10 diesels, though 3rd is looking like a very real possibility if I keep getting tanks like this one.

Not bad for an almost stock car and no accurate MPG instrumentation (really, all I have done is pump the tires up to 40psi). Most of the increase should be attributed to changing the nut behind the wheel, I have become progressively more eco with each tank - though it should be noted that the weather has become colder, windier, wetter and darker - which I guess will be working against me.

Still need to get around to the EGR valve and a subtle front air dam, after that I might experiment with some grill blocking.

EDIT: Just noticed, the economy I got was just a touch above cars official EU extra urban rating.

DOUBLE EDIT: It will be a miracle if my next tank matches or beats this one - not only is the weather getting worse, but this one is going to have more city driving. Today, my OH was commuting home from work - she covered the first 2.5 miles in the usual 15 minutes (35 min 5 mile commute on a normal day) - the remaining 2.5 miles took 1 hour and 15 minutes, with the headlights on and idling the whole time.

Last edited by HowGudAmI; 10-30-2015 at 05:47 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to HowGudAmI For This Useful Post:
Piwoslaw (10-28-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Clio - '03 Renault Clio 1.5dCi
90 day: 48.94 mpg (US)
It has been a while since my last post - and the car is in pretty much the same state - I have been busy with other things.

Given the conditions mentioned above, it's no surprise that when I filled up today I got worse economy:

4.28 L/100 km
54.99 mpg (US)
66.07 mpg (Imp)

Its a lot colder and darker than it was with my 3.7L/100km tank.

The next tank should be more interesting, I am making a long trip - 225 miles out on Sunday, and 225 miles back on Wednesday, and a couple of shorter trips in between. Temperatures are expected to be close to 0c, but I am hoping to be driving in the light (and, with luck, dry).

Have'nt decided on a cruising speed yet - but it could be a record tank if I keep it slow!

Reply  Post New Thread