Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
bellypan

Sure like what you're doing! Are those ribs something already cast or formed into the shower material? I say yes to deflectors for the wheels.Every little bit helps.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Sure like what you're doing! Are those ribs something already cast or formed into the shower material? I say yes to deflectors for the wheels.Every little bit helps.
Those ribs came like that already and I couldn't do anything about it .How should I mount those wheel deflectors ?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
fastening the deflectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypaulie View Post
Those ribs came like that already and I couldn't do anything about it .How should I mount those wheel deflectors ?
I've always got some 0.032-inch aluminum sheet laying around,that I can cut into strips,then cut and bend into angle-brackets of any angle.The bracket might be screwed or pop-riveted to an existing structure,then the new piece ( i.e. the deflector ) attached to the bracket.If you capture the plastic sheet material between a backing plate and a bracket,you can create a fairly rigid attachment and they can go anywhere you have access to both sides.You can also do offset receivers,where a rigid plate is bent into a very tight Z or lightning-bolt form (when viewed from the end),attached at one face flat against an existing surface.The other part of the Z is "flying" a few thousands of an inch above the surface,and creates the receiver onto which another structure is captured.Say the back end of the deflector has a metal tang which slides into the receiver,once "rammed-home",a fastener at the other end of the deflector "locks" the whole thing in place.Sorry,pictures would be worth a thousand words here! No doubt other members will have more recommendations.Happy fabricating!

Tags
belly pan, undertray