Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Saving@Home
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Andy View Post
I find my lawn doing better since i stopped mowing and picking up leaves. It looks a bit ugly during the fall, but I'm okay with that. Much better than the dry state it was in before.
OT

If you're on the Blackland strip from Corpus north past Dallas, then mulch the leaves. Better quality lawnmower such as a Snapper. Quality tool worth it. Mowing once or twice weekly with extra sharp blade will encourage grass to spread. More attention you pay (growth rate) the better it will be. At som points, weekly is not enough. Cuts into part of grass stem that hurts it.

From about now thru spring run in mulched set up. (Bag during spring weed season). Rent a plug aerator and then spread free municipal compost just after laying out some fertilizer. Get that Bermuda to spread thickly and encourage deep root growth. Not only looks better, but retains far more soil moisture. Will crowd out weeds. Heavy compost and 4" of mulch on beds (house perimeter out about 4-6' and same for with trees -- keep low at trunk) and then native assortments per sun requirement will foster beneficial species. Tall grass in this state tends to bring chiggers, mites and with Johnson grass, mosquitoes.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread