Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
New Feature: EcoModder Team Competition

Hope you're all having a good Sunday. I wanted to show you all this and give you a chance to play with this rather than just delaying the release forever.

EcoModder Team Competition

There's a lot to be added and changed, but overall, it works and can be used, so I wanted to put it out there for you all to interact with and give suggestions on.

When I thought of the idea, I felt like this:

Why? Because it's such an elementary idea and I think a lot of people on the site would really like it. As such I decided just to code it up over the weekend and let you good folks have at it even before it's fully done.

Hit me with suggestions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SVOboy For This Useful Post:
ecomodded (06-25-2012), Impulse (08-06-2011), Piwoslaw (10-15-2009), SoobieOut (02-01-2011)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Maverick - '22 Ford Maverick XLT
90 day: 39.49 mpg (US)
I like it! I think it would be cool to set up the occasional competition between different teams for a month or two. Turns an individual 'sport' into a team sport

My suggestions, which are probably already on your list:

-On each team page, show each member and their stats, and a picture for their car, if they have one.
-Make it so the 'leader' of the team has to approve each member, or some system to prevent people with Honda's joining team Toyota, or something like that.
-Make an error message show up when you try to join a team that you're already a part of.

How are the stats calculated? By total miles/total gallons, or by ΣMPG/# of team members?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Team Honda
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
We could do brackets or something in the future, or have a "challenge" function where you can challenge a specific team.

Answering your points in red below:

Quote:
-On each team page, show each member and their stats, and a picture for their car, if they have one.Yep, this is the big thing on there. Not sure how I'll do the car picture thing yet though, since I honestly don't know how darin is storing vehicle images in the site
-Make it so the 'leader' of the team has to approve each member, or some system to prevent people with Honda's joining team Toyota, or something like that.Thought about this, but I want this to be more of a fun, all inclusive thing and don't want people kicking others off the team for getting a bad tank and wanting to jack up the stats.
-Make an error message show up when you try to join a team that you're already a part of.No real reason to do this, if you join your own team it actually doesn't change anything. I will remove the join option for teams the vehicle is already on though so it doesn't get in the way.

How are the stats calculated? By total miles/total gallons, or by ΣMPG/# of team members?Currently using the data from under the user's name in the forum, 90 day FE stats, then averaging that straight up so each member is equal and not biased based on who drives more.
I'm excited for it though
Old 08-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Maverick - '22 Ford Maverick XLT
90 day: 39.49 mpg (US)
Is there a way to remove yourself from a team, then? I wasn't thinking that people would try to intentionally ruin stats, but rather accidentally add themselves to the wrong team. It probably wouldn't happen too often though, so I guess they could just PM you to delete them.

Sounds good so far!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Team Honda
Yeah, I should have a quit team thing show up in place of the join team feature, good idea. Right now I'm working on the members' display on the team pages. Got it working partially but the member count is broken on the main page
Old 08-03-2009, 01:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Neon - '95 Dodge Neon
Last 3: 49.46 mpg (US)
That's cool I wish I had a better car I'm so competitive and it's hard when the Neon is only capable of so much. So I guess I will take it as high as it will go with a 14 year old automatic 2.0. Any gain is better than no gain.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
What if someone wants to join a team who's FE is higher than his? Can he be denied entry?
What if Team X would be better than Team Y if it wasn't for Team X's member Xx with really low FE. Nasty things might happen then, but I'm assuming we're all grown up (mature is the better word) and won't get carried away.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 08-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chug - '96 Volkswagon Polo CL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.42 mpg (US)

L'Autre - '03 Renault Megane Sport Tourer Expression
Diesel
90 day: 45.02 mpg (US)
Just added a team for the Dubbers!

twitter.com/bertchalmers
Old 08-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Team Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
What if someone wants to join a team who's FE is higher than his? Can he be denied entry?
What if Team X would be better than Team Y if it wasn't for Team X's member Xx with really low FE. Nasty things might happen then, but I'm assuming we're all grown up (mature is the better word) and won't get carried away.
Yes, I also assume we won't get carried away. It's not like there is big money riding on this
Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Just joined Team Toyota! Gotta catch the top dogs!

Reply  Post New Thread