Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2015, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Fiesta - '06 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Ambiante
90 day: 45.9 mpg (US)

Dakar - '03 BMW f650 GS Dakar (retired)

Tucson - '07 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
90 day: 32.67 mpg (US)
New route new savings new SPEED!

They recently completed major road works removing all traffic lights and building new fly overs to merge on one of the busy highways.

My usual route to work is 75% coasting. but on the way back its constantly climbing back up. this new route is gentle and flat. then a sharp decent about 5km long and flattens out again. saves me a lot on the return trip. it is about the same 19km each way.

to work at the start of the decent im at about 80 kph (50mph) about 2 km down I seem to reach terminal in the fiesta which is almost 150 kph (93mph). this all freewheeling in neutral. after rarely exceeding 100kph on daily drives being able to go this fast again feels good. speed limit here is 120kph and 100kph (62mph) for that particular road but it is poorly enforced if at all and easy to see speed traps if any are set up. its also very quiet with few cars using that route.

in my Tucson I use the route for the return trips and it brought my consumption down from average 7.8L/100km to around 7.4. not sure of the fiesta yet because I do manual calcs for that car I don't have any instant readouts yet.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
Route choice can make all the difference!

I spent years finding the perfect route for my Festiva, and I spent a year tweaking my route once again in my Insights (since the cars are totally different as far as the methods needed to hypermile them). I think I've nailed it now, I doubt that there is a better route for mpg than my current one unless I can strap wings on Ron Burgundy and fly straight there.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
What brake pedal?

Silver Streak-5M - '05 Toyota Corolla S
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.41 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Route choice can make all the difference!

I spent years finding the perfect route for my Festiva, and I spent a year tweaking my route once again in my Insights.
It seems as soon as you think you have FINALLY found the best route, the ole brain kicks in & you discover a NEW tweak. And then say to yourself "Why didn't I think of that before"?????

The best part of hypermiling is how it makes you constantly challenge your brain.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Cowmeat - I have trouble reading your postings on the right side - see attached screen capture. The reason might be that having two of your cars side-by-side makes the width wider than the standard width, so it cuts off the right side. Maybe try changing the code to put the three cars one below the other. Just a thought.

Last edited by Joggernot; 01-06-2017 at 09:21 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread