Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Nomadic Chicken

Isn't that a bit.. extreme? or risky?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-18-2008, 12:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Had to cut the wires on the fuel sending unit to get the tank off to replace the fuel pump.

Please see my gas tank rant

I have been using my trip odometer NOT my fuel gauge to see how much gas I have for YEARS! The fuel gauge is not really all that important because of that.
A new sending unit was just that much more money and time to wait for the part to come in.

I thought it would be funny to extend the fuel sending unit wires up to the dashboard and put a potentiometer on the end of it. Then I could just turn the dial to adjust the fuel gauge. *poof* free gas!

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
Old 02-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nomadic Chicken

Quote:
I thought it would be funny to extend the fuel sending unit wires up to the dashboard and put a potentiometer on the end of it. Then I could just turn the dial to adjust the fuel gauge. *poof* free gas!
HAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAhahaah!

BTW,
Would a Dynamicly adjustable spoiler be more eco-fficient? A spoiler you can change depending on weather conditions and speed.

For example - during rainy weather the air is more heavy due to the moisture in it (the humidity). Thus it will have a steeper fall off after being pushed open for a car. Thus the spoiler shape could be adjusted.

Just a thought. I know I'm no aero expert.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Speed Freak!

Green Monster - '95 Honda del Sol Si
Turtle eco friendly driving in a show/movie

Well except for driving miss daisy? Just joking! There are alot of new movies that are atleast coming out and saying something about driving a hybrid and bashing on those that drive gas guzzlers. Like Just friends there is a part that they are riding in a Prius and they are basically putting another guy down for driving a Range Rover and then in Be Cool joh Travolta's Cadillac has something happen to it though I can't remember what and he drives a Honda Insight and he plays it off as it is a cool car. Then on another movie Dickie Roberts he is a valet and steals a Honda Insight and it shows how nice of a car it could be if some extremely rich director is willing to drive it. there is just alot of different places that I see Hybrids and generally great fuel economy types of vehicles out there and wish that they weren't so UGLY that I might consider buying one. I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 Hybrid it looks kinda cool but the bad side is that it doesn't get that much better of gas mileage. Heck I would buy a 2 door civic hybrid if they made one. I mean it's just my wife and I and we don't carry anyone else with us but on rare occassions so it would be nice if there was better looking fuel economy vehicles out there also they would have to be able to fit someone of normal to above average size because the foreign asian type cars are way too small for me to even fit into. I'm 6'6" and weigh 280 I'm not fat, I'm athletic and I just don't fit into some of those tiny little cars.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
There have been shots of hybrids in movies and TV shows quite a bit more lately.

I also remember a scene in the "Smallville" Television program where a character rescues the hero saying "jump into my Yaris!"

My favorite is watching science fiction movies that take place in the near future. They will often have the latest and greatest car that just came out appear as an old rusty clunker. They did that when the new Beetles came out in an Arnold Swarzenegger movie (The Seventh Day?)

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
Reply  Post New Thread