EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Events & Meet-ups (https://ecomodder.com/forum/events-meet-ups.html)
-   -   North Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina Meet? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/north-georgia-tennessee-south-carolina-meet-35555.html)

Daschicken 08-29-2017 06:18 PM

North Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina Meet?

3 Attachment(s)
There is finally a decent amount of people on the EM user map, and a few are around my area, yay! Thanks to PM-pestering, i've got another 2 on the map, 1 pending.

No dates or locations are set in stone, just testing the waters. We can probably plan on a month out so we have time to get the location and notify people. I don't know about you people, but i'd be willing to drive 100 miles or so for a meet.
Attachment 22554

I know there are a ridiculous number of lurkers compared to members, and I know lots of people live in Atlanta, so if you want some say in this, sign up and pitch in!

Here is a map of the general area and members around the meet. The circles represent potential locations, the two arrows are members whose locations are known, but are not on the map.
Attachment 22555

Since the map is so hard to read, the locations circled are Helen, Blue Ridge, and Murphy.

Please offer up availabilities, maximum driving distance, etc. I want as many people to show up as possible. 3 people isn't a crowd. I would be bringing a brother or two, maybe a friend assuming they would be willing to go the distance.

Assuming 100% participation, we've got 9 members, excluding the guy IN Atlanta who I cant find a corresponding EM account for. I COULD bring along 3 people, Natalya said she could bring someone last time we tried to schedule a meet, so we've got 13 people best case without any lurker non-members showing up.

Natalya 08-31-2017 06:40 PM

I have a friend with a G1 Insight who lives southeast of Atlanta. I doubt they'll want to go too far north of the city. I'll personally go 100 miles. Right now I only have my G2 Insight operational, if I ever get my red G1 back then I'd take that car instead.

What does a venue need? Just a parking lot?

If y'all want to go east Atlanta the warehouse where I work could be a location. We have 1 car bay and lots of tools if people wanted to work on their cars, but there isn't a lift. I do have ramps though.

Daschicken 08-31-2017 09:10 PM

Interesting proposition, we'll have to see what our northern members say about that. Let's see who wants to come.

I am available:

Monday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with at least a week's notice

I am willing to drive around 100 miles.

Vman455 09-01-2017 12:24 AM

I'll actually be in Chattanooga Sept. 18-22 (checking out the area because I might move there). If you do something then, I'll join in. I was planning on hitting Atlanta at some point anyway before I head home.

elhigh 09-01-2017 10:35 AM

I don't think that's a great idea for me. I'm a bit like Ozzy Osbourne, I won't go anywhere without my wife. And frankly the hypermiling I do is a stress point between us, so going somewhere specifically in support of it and nothing else would not be conducive to domestic harmony, which I value more than fuel economy.

Sorry guys. I have to say no.

Daschicken 09-01-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elhigh (Post 548706)
I don't think that's a great idea for me. I'm a bit like Ozzy Osbourne, I won't go anywhere without my wife. And frankly the hypermiling I do is a stress point between us, so going somewhere specifically in support of it and nothing else would not be conducive to domestic harmony, which I value more than fuel economy.

Sorry guys. I have to say no.

Sounds reasonable, thanks for pitching in. You are pretty far north. I guess this means we can rule out murphy.

So we have one more member who I haven't heard from yet who is north, if I get no response, or they decide not to go, then I think Natalya's warehouse east of Atlanta sounds like a great option.

aardvarcus 09-05-2017 07:58 AM

Hey everyone,

A meetup in the area sounds like a great idea, unfortunately I am a bit covered up right now between work and other priorities so I will have to pass this time. Looking forward to another one in the future.

Daschicken 09-05-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aardvarcus (Post 549054)
Hey everyone,

A meetup in the area sounds like a great idea, unfortunately I am a bit covered up right now between work and other priorities so I will have to pass this time. Looking forward to another one in the future.

Again, thanks for pitching in!

Well, that covers the northern members, murphy is definitely out! Sounds like Natalya's warehouse is in! Now we just need to hear from our eastern members. Among them is basjoos! :eek:

So, I could be available on the 18th or the 22nd, not in between though. Vman, you in?

Daschicken 09-07-2017 02:38 PM

Bring your friends, looks like mobilone is going to be busy. Still no word from basjoos or the other guy north of him.

We still need confirmation if the 18th or 22nd work for you people. I want an accurate headcount of who can show up.

Natalya 09-09-2017 02:14 AM

18 and 22 are weekdays. Are weekends no good?