Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

American - '06 Ford Ranger STX
90 day: 27.05 mpg (US)
Oh yeah. I haven't made log entries since. And now my economy is all over the place. Between responding to fire calls, towing, and short trips locally I wouldn't be able to get a good idea where the mpg stands. I've been doing so many different things each tank. I've kept a log though on paper. But idling at accident scenes towing and all the other stuff has yielded one recent tank down to 12mpg and the next tank to 24mpg.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
I get that. My truck hasn't had a fuel log update since May, and that's how long that fuel has been in there.

Hmm, might ought to take that thing for a spin.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

American - '06 Ford Ranger STX
90 day: 27.05 mpg (US)
I did notice a drop with the ethanol changeover a few m9nths after Hurricane Sandy. Lost between 1 and 2 mpg. And I've added the Lucas treatment to it but the only way to get the good economy has been using super and sometimes an additive. My truck blew a fuel pump 2 years ago. And about a year ago I almost overheated my motor when I blew a coolant line. The numbers have been off since then too. But I can still get my 27 on the highway. I just have to be doing 70-77 mph. Below that the load % is high and temp goes to 190s with a 180° thermostat.
Soon I plan on swapping a crown victory axle it to widen my rear track and mod the fiberglass besides to tuck in at the steps. Since I have a stok style inner bed with the splash bed sides to give it the dual body look. It's added weight along with the cap and squatted my rear suspension so I know the back causes drag. To compensate for that I want to ass air bags to the rear and raise it up an inch to an inch and a half. That will bring it up enough to stop wedging the air under the truck.

Reply  Post New Thread