EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Ohio with a 1.0t ford focus (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ohio-1-0t-ford-focus-36364.html)

ecoford 04-11-2018 01:34 PM

Ohio with a 1.0t ford focus

Hello all. I've been in the market for a new fuel efficient daily driver and I was looking at the usual suspects like the corolla or civic and even considering a prius c, but after some unusually bad service for someone ready to buy a new car, I checked the ford site and noticed they offered the ford focus se with a 1.0 3cylinder ecoboost and a 6 speed manual. I didn't know such a car existed honestly but when I looked into it further they happened to be offering a hefty discount on it from the site. So I sent a request to a dealership and went and checked it out. Well I wasn't expecting much but the car was nice enough so I picked it up mostly just because it was a great price. Well long story short I've been very impressed with how well it drives handling and comfort wise, the features of the car and how well that little 1 liter can move the focus around with the manual.

I'm excited to see what kind of mileage I can get out of it with this powertrain. I'm still on my first tank and have been doing almost exclusively stop and go city driving including revving a little higher than usual sometimes to break it in and I'm getting around 30. It's epa rated for 30c 40h. I think the car will shine in the 40mph+ territory where it's steady around 40-50mpg and in certain conditions even more. Well I look forward to lurking and posting some more about my efficiency adventures with my new focus. Thanks for reading!

Daox 04-12-2018 09:07 AM

Welcome to the site ecoford!

The 1.0T Focus is pretty rare from my understanding. It'll definitely be interesting to see what kind of mileage you get out of it.

Daschicken 04-12-2018 11:44 AM

A 1.0 6mt focus is on my list of desired new cars, I am also eager to see what you can do with it. I think I have calculated the cruising rpms before for the focus and fiesta 1.0s, and the focus actually cruises at a lower rpm.

MetroMPG 04-12-2018 12:42 PM

Welcome!

Lucky you. I've yet to try a 1.0T Focus OR Fiesta. I've read good things about the Fiesta.

Did you get a hatch or sedan?

I'll be curious to read about your MPG when you fill (and the accuracy of the onboard gauge).

ecoford 04-12-2018 01:19 PM

Thanks guys I'll let you know what the mpg on the first fill up looks like. And its a sedan model. The gear ratios are pretty long even though its got a small engine. As I recall it was a few hundred rpm under 3k at 70mph in 6th. I've been happy with how smooth the gearbox is especially for a ford.

MetroMPG 04-12-2018 01:26 PM

Gotta be smoother than their automated clutched gearbox!

cr45 04-12-2018 09:21 PM

The average fuel consumption in Europe for this car is 35.47 mpg US / 42.6 mpg IMP / 6.63 lit/100km.

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/overv...st&powerunit=2

However, the 10th percentile driver is averaging 39.6 US / 47.6 IMP

Unfortunately it is one very heavy car for a 1.0 lit engine to pull.

jcp123 04-12-2018 10:19 PM

Very cool find! Most of us would likely have to hunt for one. It's on my short list of new cars I'd consider. Ohio has great terrain but terrible wind for mileage-minded driving. I'll look forward to seeing what you can get as well :)

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 04-12-2018 11:03 PM

Considering that a few years ago this engine was prefered by around 25% of new Ford buyers in Europe, it might not be so bad compared to the 1.6 Ti-VCT or even the 2.0 Duratec (which in Europe is only available in Russia and other CIS countries).

Quote:

Originally Posted by cr45 (Post 566707)
Unfortunately it is one very heavy car.

The very same engine is also used in heavier cars, such as the Mondeo/Fusion and the Transit Connect.

jcp123 04-12-2018 11:21 PM

Fuelly shows 1.0t Foci anywhere from 28-39mpg, which either way is ahead of the Ford Focus average. A quick view of 2017 1.0t's had the majority getting 35+mpg.