Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Open Revolt control board with VLA500 based driver

Hi, I've a few questions regarding IGBT version...

1. What is optimal method of interfacing control board with VLA driver? Datasheet says it's fully isolated, driven with logic signal so I'm tempted to ommit both output optocoupler and MIC driver on P&S board. To keep undervoltage detection functional i'd need to pick signal from pin 3 of HCPL4504 and use inverting gate to keep VLA happy (i.e. logic high = igbt on). Should I use ultrafast inverter or will generic CMOS do the trick?

2. Is there any way to use desaturation sig from VLA without significant upgrades in either hardware or software? I mean if desat occurs let it simply shut down PWM, no need for me to see it in RTD Explorer. Could it for example trip overcurrent circuit? I'm poor at circuit designing so appreciate any help from you

3. I read those mega-monstrous threads here and on diyelectriccar and made some nottes regarding where to look for specific info, somehow the file got corrupted Can you point me to posts about changing PWM frequency to 8 kHz?

Regards
Mike

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

edit: just noticed that input of vla is driven te same way as Cougar's optocoupler, no need to invert the signal...

Last edited by z_power; 09-19-2012 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: my mistake
Reply  Post New Thread