Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2016, 04:24 AM   #2811 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

thanks u so much !but what problem with old schematics/code ?? omg. i re-designed it by ALTIUM. if have problem pls let me know ! thank you ! ( now i can use "thank button khakha )

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-27-2016, 05:15 AM   #2812 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
Is 1 DC capacity a capacitor?

To make the car go, you would also need
- a charger
- an adapter plate from the motor to the transmission (or the drive shaft if you are skipping the transmission)
- a throttle. The hall effect throttle signal is from about 0.5V at minimum to about 4.5V at maximum
- FUSES! At least one fuse at your pack voltage
- contactors. A high current contactor like a Tyco Kilovac or a Gigavac to connect the battery pack to the controller
- precharge resistor. The controller should have a precharge contactor, which puts power to the precharge resistor and charges the large ring capacitor slowly (under 1 second)
- Heat sink for the IGBTs. They carry a lot of current and heat up, so you need cooling fins at least. Paul is using liquid cooling for the aluminum plate that the IGBTs are bolted to.
- Cables that will handle the current you plan to use. Paul is using #4, but you can go bigger between the controller and the motor. And the cable lugs to put on the ends of the cable, connecting the motor to the controller
- Cables that handle the smaller current from the battery pack to the controller, with lugs, and an orange jacket so that emergency personnel know to cut the cables in case of an accident
- A serial cable if you want to show information from the controller inside the car
- an inertia switch to detect that you are in an accident, that shuts off the contactors
that so far. i will go there but i want to test with small motor first. khakha!
-a charger : ok
-a throttle: i think i can use a potentiometer for test right ??
-FUSES! : sure ! i know that khakha !
- contactors: i think i can use a big relay for test ! my motor just 1/2 HP.
- precharge resistor: ok i will ! this is the big capacitor and need resitor !
Heat sink for the IGBTs : sure ! i will add !
-calbe : ok
-inertia switch: i will add when i make the car go !
-TEMPERATURE : i see it on design spark is a LED. its not a LED right ?? i think its a TEMPERATURE sensor put on Heat sink for the IGBTs right ??
- and about FOC. if we want speed =0 need brake or not . i know FOC use id and iq control and its dont need brake to fixed position ! but i never test it ago!
Thank so much for help !
Old 07-27-2016, 10:55 AM   #2813 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchichclick View Post
thanks u so much !but what problem with old schematics/code ?? omg. i re-designed it by ALTIUM. if have problem pls let me know ! thank you ! ( now i can use "thank button khakha )
When I finally got it opened, the PIC in the schematics was the wrong one.

EDIT:
I made a branch on the repo, I just need somebody to go verify that everything's up to date so I can start making readme's. The PDF for the schematics isn't very legible to me. I think the PCB and sch files are DesignSpark, if somebody can confirm I can try generating a new PDF.

EDIT2:
Having the link would probably help lol.

https://github.com/seedrick/Open-ReVolt-AC/tree/Updates

EDIT3:
I made a quick BOM based on the files I have available. Some component values etc. are missing, if anybody could help out with those it would be great.

EDIT4:
http://www.paulandsabrinasevstuff.co...Schematic).pdf

That's basically what i've been looking for, human legible schematics. again, if someone can confirm that's up to date I'll lock it in.

Last edited by wehzeh; 07-27-2016 at 06:16 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to wehzeh For This Useful Post:
chimchichclick (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 11:16 PM   #2814 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

o lala ! i got schematic from Open ReVolt/PCB Schematics - EcoModder !
how about it ? can i test my motor with this schematic+layout ? ! up to date just improve or old version got problem guys ??
And let me know if u need me help something !
Old 07-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #2815 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Great news! Finished generating new schematics. Shuffled some stuff around and made a new easy-to-read PDF. Once everyone is comfortable with the branch I'll merge it back into master and we'll officially have VERSION 1.0

Hooray!

https://github.com/seedrick/Open-ReVolt-AC/tree/Updates

EDIT:
I want to start cleaning up the DC controler, BMS, and Charger projects too, is the wiki up to date for those?

EDIT2:
Nobody order anything yet! Still working on getting the proper parts list.

Last edited by wehzeh; 07-30-2016 at 09:55 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wehzeh For This Useful Post:
chimchichclick (07-30-2016), mora (07-29-2016), MPaulHolmes (07-30-2016), thingstodo (08-04-2016)
Old 08-04-2016, 12:22 AM   #2816 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Paul - if I were to load MPLab X .. because I can't get MPLab 8 working .. the C compiler that I'd choose is a 16 bit version, right?

Just verifying that I don't need the 8 bit and 32 bit C compilers loaded on my computer.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #2817 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I recently finally installed MPLab X, and it wasn't as bad as their first version of it like 2 years ago. The xc16 compiler is what I used to go with it. I didn't install the 8 bit or 32 bit compiler.
thingstodo (08-04-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 01:05 AM   #2818 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

if somebody have a V/F source code pls give me ! i want to check my hardware first. then i will going to FOC ! please give me if you have ! thanks you !...... ) my email : chimchichclick@gmail.com
Old 08-09-2016, 11:42 AM   #2819 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
I don't have any code for V/F on this hardware. It was all FOC.

What do you think Paul? I like the idea of testing out the hardware with a simple Voltage proportional to Frequency.

To make it usable for motor control (if you lost your encoder and wanted to limp home?) you would need
- BOOST - offset initial voltage to get motor to turn at all - normally 0.5% -> 20%
- RATED FREQUENCY - for example 60 Hz, what to use as the end frequency, where max output voltage is reached.

The older controllers that use this have an option for the V versus F:
- linear : f/max : 1 Hz = 1/60th voltage, 30 Hz = 1/2 voltage. + BOOST
- pump : f^2/max^2: 1 Hz = K*1*1/60*60, 30 Hz = K*30*30/60*60 + BOOST
- fan: 1/f^3: 1 Hz = K*1*1*1/60*60*60, 30 Hz = K*30*30*30/60*60*60

For testing hardware, linear, no boost, should cover all of our needs?

I'm not sure that this would be easy to do with the present code. You'd need to set the frequency instead of the torque ... maybe bypass all of the math and use a different library to drive the IGBTs?
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
chimchichclick (08-09-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 12:30 AM   #2820 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

yeah. because we need signal feedback from motor. motor not runing= nothing feedback. so v/f is good to test all before connect to motor ( i think that ) !

Reply  Post New Thread