Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
aerohead -

I always thought it would be neat if Honda did a commercial with it's 1st-gen Insight where they did a "what if everyone drove an Insight?". They could be showing happy Insight drivers in a "sea of Insight traffic" while they rattle off the savings in barrels of oil a day.

They could be self-deprecating in their end-of-commercial humor where they say "But I guess it would get a little boring after a while ..." and you would see drivers with puzzle-angst faces wondering what's missing from their lives. And finish with "... then again ..."

CarloSW2
What I'd give to see something like that! I fear though,that perspicacious viewers have gone the way of the Easter Island Lumber Co..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
The current mindset of this country, or one of the current mindsets is that bigger is better, to economize is a weakness or wimpy, and consumption is a God given right, an entitlement if you will.

I live in a liberal town, can't blink without seeing a Prius. However I know this is not the norm.

Recently I was traveling on the highway in a construction zone and could not get over to the slow lane. Some A-hole in a full sized raised 4WD pickup truck was tailgating me, eager to speed while road workers were present. When I could, I got over to the right and he passed like a bat out of hell. Then he purposely gunned his engine and let go a huge cloud of black Diesel soot. However by that time we were in a curve and the wind was such that the soot went on to the cars behind him, and not on me. This was fortunate for me, as I was in my vintage 911 (26 mpg) with the targa top off.

I present this story as evidence of an attitude of hate for small cars, and the sense of entitlement some in larger vehicles have about consumption and pollution. And although not everyone in the country is an arrogant hick, there are just as many of them as economy minded sort of people.

If the 1/2 of the country which practices self destructive consumption were to get on board with the economy minded folk, we could save a whole lot of resources. However for that to happen, education and a political change cross all boundaries and traditions will have to occur. Our very culture will have to change.
The guy in the 4WD was apprehended,conscripted into the Infantry,and without any boot camp, air-dropped,slick-sleeved into Afghanistan with only a pistol.After all,he's a man's man isn't he?
Admiral Mullins figured this guy was the greatest beneficiary of foreign oil,as he used so much of it,so it was only fair that he go protect the supply routes.

Reply  Post New Thread