Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #191 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,437 Posts
Quote:
Degrees aren't the golden ticket they used to be because half of kids these days are getting those golden tickets (and they are as ignorant as ever).
Ignorant because the Frankfurt School Marxists infiltrated the educational system. And worse yet, college profs like Eric Clanton are braining people with bicycle locks on the street.

Let's see we've name-checked JCP, Joe Rogan, Dave Rubin. I think (as an anarcho-libertarian) that left/center/right spectrum could be represented by Sargon of Akkaad, Tm Pool, and Black Pigeon Speaks, respectively. That's about my Overton Window for diversity of opinion.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-08-2018, 05:25 PM   #192 (permalink)
EcoModding Newb

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 31.25 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 79.06 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 28.43 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Ignorant because the Frankfurt School Marxists infiltrated the educational system.
That's basically what I was driving at by my unqualified comment. University is where diversity of thought goes to die these days. If you want to understand things exactly like others and learn the same things as millions of others, sign up for undergrad classes.

Stupid ideas shouldn't be tolerated, they should be fought with more sophisticated ideas. More sophisticated and/or differing ideas shouldn't be classified as hate speech and banned.

I thought my community college experience was mostly a joke 10+ years ago, but I imagine it's even worse today. My last philosophy professor culminated everything with Marxism as the pinnacle of modern thought. Rather than submit my final paper, I should have done nothing and then demanded that the effort of the class be distributed evenly among the students. Equality of outcome!

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 06:36 PM   #193 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
That's basically what I was driving at by my unqualified comment. University is where diversity of thought goes to die these days. If you want to understand things exactly like others and learn the same things as millions of others, sign up for undergrad classes.

Stupid ideas shouldn't be tolerated, they should be fought with more sophisticated ideas. More sophisticated and/or differing ideas shouldn't be classified as hate speech and banned.

I thought my community college experience was mostly a joke 10+ years ago, but I imagine it's even worse today. My last philosophy professor culminated everything with Marxism as the pinnacle of modern thought. Rather than submit my final paper, I should have done nothing and then demanded that the effort of the class be distributed evenly among the students. Equality of outcome!
Somehow, very apropos.

I'm an ex-college instructor and hope that none of MY students came away from my classes thinking as you do.

2011 Chevrolet LTZ Cruze 1.4LT 6A
1971 Dodge Charger 318 3A
1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340/6BBL 4M
1968 Dodge Charger 383 3A
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 383 4M
1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 273 4M
Old 02-08-2018, 07:34 PM   #194 (permalink)
Ecomuggler

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.55 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.24 mpg (US)
L.P.N. is one year, R.N. is two, B.S.N is four, and M.S.N. is too much work for most nurses.

Again, the difference between a Bachelor's of Sciences and one of Arts is a job.

Reply  Post New Thread