Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Focus - '01 Ford Focus SE Wagon
90 day: 32.38 mpg (US)
Picked up a self tap screw in my front left tire. Had it internally plugged/patched 2 weeks ago.

Was browsing DiscountTireDirect yesterday and noticed they have nice rebates right now. I ordered 4 Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus in 185/65r15 size. Factory size is 195/60r15 so they're .3" taller then stock and narrower for less frontal dimension. $60 rebate for using their credit card and $100 prepaid Visa rebate for purchasing 4. End total should be $204 after rebates.

2 weeks ago I ordered adjustable rear upper control arm to fix the camber issue the early Wagons have and I also ordered H&R Sport springs for it to lower it also and they finally came Friday. I'll be fully replacing rear drumbs/shoes/spring kit along with putting the control arms and springs on in the next 2 weeks or so.

Hoping my current tires last till sometime in fall because they have plenty of tread left, just decided with the rebates DTD currently has, it'd be best to have replacements ready if the plug/patch is to fail.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Some maintenance and mods. Need to do an alignment and then the pizzapans can finally go on. Still need to buy material to make the smooth bellypan.

New drums, shoes, and brake spring kits.

H&R springs installed. Also have 'eBay' adjustable camber arms for the rear. Need to align the rear as there is toe from lowering and the camber is even worse.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Finally put the camber arms on a few nights ago and dialed out a lot of the camber. I'm still waiting on front strut camber/caster plates to dial out some of the camber, then going to adjust the toe to 1/8" total in on the front and .1/4" total in on the rear per specs. That's towards the low side for the rear.

Also going over to a buddies place that does signs/graphics to print out some wheel decals that I'm going to apply to the bottom of the pizza pans I have. I don't want just plain looking aluminum pizza pans over my wheels.

Pic of the wheels I used as a guide and sample for the pattern. My 'decals' are 20 spoke instead of the below which are 19... 20 divides into 360 a lot easier for patterning in Photoshop.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Went to my buddies shop (Baked Goods Creative in Elizabethtown Pa) and had the decals made for my pizza pan hub caps.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2000sr View Post
[/URL]
Brilliant! We could revive lots of patterns that way. You could even reproduce an OEM wheel "look" to put over the pans. Pans are good too, because flat and no compound curves for the sticker.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Reply  Post New Thread