Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Exclamation AS SEEN ON TV! 2001 VW Jetta TDI Diesel Greasecar WVO

Check out my eBay auction! Item # 120485151973

Volkswagen : Jetta:eBay Motors (item 120485151973 end time Nov-01-09 18:18:26 PST)

http://www.youtube.com/user/gtblau

AS SEEN ON TV! You are bidding on on one of the most famous alternative fuel vehicles since Doc Brown's DeLorean from Back to the Future!

Featured on Good Morning America, CNBC, MSNBC, and Wall Street Journal Report, this 2001 VW Jetta TDI has been evangelizing the use of alternative fuels for years.

Beat high gas prices and DRIVE FOR FREE using waste vegetable oil! Professionally converted by Smarter Fuel using the Greasecar kit, the WVO system works perfectly.

This vehicle starts every time and runs very well. I installed a FrostHeater brand block heater for easy cold weather starts. Just plug it in (I set it on a timer) and the engine turns over immediately. It also enables you to make the switch to veggie oil sooner and helps you get heat inside the car much quicker.

As the pictures show, the car is very clean for a vehicle with almost 158,000 miles and has no major issues. I drove this car over 100 miles a day for years. The turbocharger was replaced with an OEM unit at 144,000 miles. The starter was replaced at 137,000 and the glow plug relay at 121,000.

VW diesels are legendary for going forever, and this car is still going strong. But obviously a car with with high mileage like this is going to have a few blemishes, and I've tried to capture them in the pictures. You probably won't notice them while you're DRIVING FOR FREE on used vegetable oil! The clearcoat has peeled off the tops of the mirrors. The headlight lenses are a bit cloudy. The chrome cap on one of the headlights has popped off and is laying inside the headlight housing. There are a few scuffs and scratches and a small rust spot on the edge of one wheel-well. The lid on the center armrest is detached, but I have a replacement unit. It just needs to be installed. Did I mention you can DRIVE FOR FREE on used vegetable oil?

I will include what ever parts of my filtration rig you would like, no additional charge. I will also share with you my knowledge of filtration techniques, oil gathering, etc.

This is a used vehicle and no warranties or guarantees are stated or implied. The vehicle is available for in-person inspection by appointment.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer them as quickly as possible.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
diesel, greasecar, jetta, tdi, wvo