Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
SGII Read out

As I anticipate the arrival of my SGII I was wondering which four gauges should I have displayed to maximise its usage in my city/mostly hwy driving?

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Scoob - '05 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport SE
90 day: 25.28 mpg (US)
I don't have mine yet either, but I'm eyeing Fuel Economy (instant), Engine Load, Throttle Position, and possibly one of the add-a-guages like Trip/Tank Economy.

I'll definitely be checking out horsepower and intake temperature while playing with different mods to the car to find that right balance between power/performance and reasonable economy.

Unfortunately, as interesting as the past couple weeks on this forum have been and functional some of my mods have been, they haven't quite outweighed the years I've spent on performance-oriented forums. I bought my car for utility first, performance (fun to drive) second, and economy third. I have slowed down, but I dont really see myself making mods like a HAI that will decrease the available power when I want it. Though, I am willing try it out and check out the economy/performance gains/losses. Ditto on my cat-back exhaust vs. the stocker which I still have.

Reply  Post New Thread