Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #81 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
Glad to hear it went WAAAY down - funny its not completely gone , makes me think a rim is bent slightly , I would not pay for a alignment with any of the original rims left on the car as they are suspect from the start and would cause a vibration where as the alignment being so freshly performed on the car should not be the cause.

Get rid of any of the original rims is my best suggesting for you giving all the info I have read to date it stands to reason big time.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #82 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
Glad to hear it went WAAAY down - funny its not completely gone , makes me think a rim is bent slightly , I would not pay for a alignment with any of the original rims left on the car as they are suspect from the start and would cause a vibration where as the alignment being so freshly performed on the car should not be the cause.

Get rid of any of the original rims is my best suggesting for you giving all the info I have read to date it stands to reason big time.
The alignment won't cost me anything, when I had the axle replaced they couldn't do an alignment right then and there because they were already doing another car so I told them I would just come back the next day. And I agree with that last rim, I'm gonna swap the last old rim to the back and see if it changes anything. I

Reply  Post New Thread