Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

antennas

aerodynamic antennas for18.95 plug n play courtesy of crexcrex.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Custom made antenna's

Custom made aerodynamic antenna's $ 18.95........side, roof mount or underdash.........
Old 01-25-2009, 02:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

More info re the aerodynamic antenna's, they are made of a thermoset plastic and can be designed to suit your vehicle inclusive of effectively covering previous antenna mount holes. They are set with double back tape and come in high gloss black or grey primer, they can be painted to color match your vehicle..............for the low price of 18.95

Serious responses please........
Old 01-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkSkunk View Post
An aftermarket receiver does more for radio reception than your stock antenna will ever do! Change out to a decent name brand and you'll have a whole new world of radio stations to listen to. OR just go satellite!
I've read that aftermarket headunits are usually worse than stock.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:38 AM   #35 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

re antenna's

You read? that after market are worse? give your head a shake, you obviously know nothing about antenna's...........lets see if you know where the best place is for any antenna? Duh!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
I have an idea where you can place your antenna.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #37 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

are you as dumb as you look? duh?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

vectra a - '95 Opel Vectra GLS
90 day: 37.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
I have an idea where you can place your antenna.
internal antenna's where the original subject of this post

Quote:
are you as dumb as you look? duh?
your marketing techniques could use a little work though imho...

do you have some pictures of what you're trying to sell? you seem very keen on selling us some of these antennae for "only $ 18.95"...so you obviously believe in the product, but calling people dumb and ugly is not a great way to raise intrest for it, or come accross as someone i'd like to do business with.

If you can show us the developement of the product and maybe the theory behind it's design , or just explain that the quality of the product is every bit the same or better as an aftermaket item, the prise is competitive, and the aero is better...than people can see what it is and decide for themselves if they think it's a good thing or not, and might want to contact you to order one.
try to come with some test, like a water wind tunnel or similar that shows the difference with a normal antenna...
or al least show that the crafsmanship alone is worth the money and that it looks sleaker than an aftermaket item.

I think you'll find this is not a comunity of people who spend on gadgets, but rather people who have fun testing out different setupt in search of improvement, even if that means haveing ductape all over their cars. So if people aren't interested in what you have to say.... bad luck... no need to keep yelling, just quietly enjoy your personal effort in the knowledge it's far supperior to those that are stuck with bad reception and taped over rust holes.

anyway, i hope we can all get along here and constructively cooperate to get some more aerodynamic cars out there.

that's all folks

*i can coast for miles and miles and miles*
Old 01-26-2009, 06:27 AM   #39 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

withdraw remark re frank lee

My apologies frank I think that i may well have gone too far and i beleive the same could be said of yourself.

I have the ballz to apologize and it matters little whether a apology is forthcoming from you.

I beleive that it is the intent of those on ecomodders to push modding to the max to obtain the best gas mileage possible and i am of the same mind.
This wee matter of outdated car antenna's came to mind as i thought that antenna's inclusive of the rat tailed variety were a bit much. Unsightly, over priced and can be made much more effective that what is on the market today.

Sales pitch? there really was none as i was attempting to draw attention to a better way of getting rid of unsightly forests of antenna's much like way back when tv antenna's marred the various households accross canada and the USA.

Mu main concern is that like hey it would be great to share the idea's and you can then arrive at your own conclusion unfortunately there are the lurkers and members who would most definetly turn a buck at the concept.

My line of work is sculpting and i too lke all of you prefer clean unbroken lines and take exception to gawdy throwback antenna's.
The concept is super inexpensive and the shapes are varied to suit any vehicle.

I have tested the idea for three months on various vehicles and concluded that if i can obtain crystal clear radio station reception under bridges, tunnels under water this is by far beter than the newer cars that fail to receive radio transmissions under the same circumstances.

Obviously i have something even car makers do not and by far cheaper, if you have taken the time as i have to examine the exploded view of the typical antenna on the various new cars you may well be shocked to see what they have used to obtain radio signals.

Problem here is how can i market a antenna? that isn't a antenna but does better than factory or after market..............

The kicker is for every hole that is exposed can be covered without nuch ado and requires no mods re install a total of five miutes to install.

So my delemma is obvious, do i share or sell? so it would be cool to get some feedback re this issue of antenna's or in my case the lack of.

thanks for your time
crexcrex
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 AM   #40 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Gee, the sincerity of that heartfelt apology overwhelms me.

Is production able to keep up with demand?

Don't worry mods; I'm all done with this.

Reply  Post New Thread