Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 10:04 PM   #391 (permalink)
AeroGuy

Outback 14 - '14 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 23.1 mpg (US)
It's the internet, people. You don't have to wonder and guess, lol.

Kidding, but I found the relevant post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mech
I appreciate the concern, emails, PMs etc. I need to get some things straight in my mind and my usefulness here is fading rapidly. It ends now, I have deleted the emails and PMs. I'm finished with forums for the present and near future. When I read about political crap on the Mirage forum and realized that in spite of almost 6000 total posts, few even understood how important some things were to me I decided it's just time to cut the cord, finish my projects and change course in life.

Some personal stuff combined with run away blood pressure and either the option of medication that makes me dizzy anytime I move quickly and my heart rate will not speed up until I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Today on the Mirage forum I read about "if someone who is not a Democrat gets elected we go abck 50 years as far as emissions regulations " I remember watching on TV as Paul Ryan pushed your grandmother over a cliff and lost it. My response was deleted but the original post remains at this time.

That's it for me, ya'll have a good life. This decision like the one last January 2015 when I quit smoking after 46 years, is NOT NEGOTIABLE. Save the sympathy for someone who needs it, I don't.

To make sure that my request is taken seriously and executed expeditiously, I 'll come back and try to log in. If I succeed I will start deleting my posts here until there are none left. Spare me the energy effort and frustration on top of all the rest of the frustrations that have brought me to this point. It's just self preservation.

The Following User Says Thank You to eco_generator For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-15-2017)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #392 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete c View Post
Damn, that blows. I used to enjoy OM's posts. Does anyone here stay in contact with him? Would love to see if he ever made this thing road worthy.
I wouldn't mind his input on a hydraulic set of trucks we're building
Old 04-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #393 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
Old Mechanics tadpole trike

Old Mech,
your project has been an inspiration to me and one extra reason to stay in the game.
In the World's Fastest Indian,Sir Anthony Hopkins portrayal of Burt Munro,he uses a quote from Sir Winston Churchill about men in the 'arena.' It resonates when I think about what you've done.
I can only speculate on the personal cost to you for the tadpole project,but it's importance to me personally I'll never be able to properly express.
Thanks for all you've done and shared.I tip my hat to you.You're a hero,and I wish you only the best,wherever your life leads you.
HHOTDI (06-25-2018)
Old 04-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #394 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
IIRC he complained about the effects of some stressful circumstances on his health and came to a conclusion that getting offline would be the best way to recover.
That might be true, but I do recall him saying it was a political comment in the lounge forum that was the last straw. I stay out of the lounge almost entirely, and I unfollow threads that turn political. My politics are not of interest. I don't want to be baited into some pointless debate here. I guess OM had a different policy, and it cost him. I miss him. I actually think of that guy from time-to-time and I have never met him I don't think. Go figure.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Reply  Post New Thread