Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
do we really want to run off the 'red meat'??????

I'm still savoring the last one that jumped in the pit!!!!! lol

ECO MODS PERFORMED:
First: ScangaugeII
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eii-23306.html

Second: Grille Block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...e-10912-2.html

Third: Full underbelly pan
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...q45-11402.html

Fourth: rear skirts and 30.4mpg on trip!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post247938
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Intermediate EcoDriver

Trigger - '07 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Coupe
Team Mustang
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.76 mpg (US)

Big Red (retired) - '89 Ford F-250 4wd Custom
90 day: 18.13 mpg (US)

Big Red II - '13 Ford F-150 FX4
Pickups
90 day: 19.61 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post

Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguitarguy View Post
Just 'cuz you can't do it, don't mean it can't be done...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
The presence of traffic is the single most complicating factor of hypermiling. I know what I'm going to do, it's contending with whatever the hell all these other people are going to do that makes things hard.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gen II Prianista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Rokeby For This Useful Post:
mcrews (11-24-2010)
Old 11-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Black Knight - '94 Toyota Corolla
Team Toyota
90 day: 58.53 mpg (US)
Another forum i was on had the same issue. What they did was made them pay to sell anything on the forum. it was something like $10 a year to become a vendor. So the forums would un ass their money before they tried to get ours. That stopped a lot of the stupid ones and the ones that would do it got eaten by us. So it was a when/when for everyone.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
First thought: what a great idea! (Rubs hands together at the thought of sponsor money!)

Second thought: one of the things these "vendors" hope to achieve by posting here is taking advantage of EcoModder's hard-earned good rankings with the search engines to seed links back to their own garbage web sites.

So I'm still inclined to just say "go away unless you have quality evidence to show."
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:
euromodder (11-14-2011), mcrews (11-21-2014), seifrob (05-11-2017)
Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
The true cost of innovation

The spark of innovation began in 1999. The process took 5 years to materialize into something that had enough legitimacy to pursue a Patent.
The first Patent process was a nightmare of mistakes by the Patent Office and in the process the second configuration was conceived and after a decade, a Patent was finally issued.

Tens of thousands of dollars in legal cost, a prototype that worked but was poorly executed by a machinist whose priority was funding his business.

There are hundreds of examples of innovation, where the spark of the same innovation, cost the individual their wealth, their lives, and also cost their families dearly for their pursuit of something that changed our lives today in ways we could not imagine at the initial point of that same innovation.

Sadly many innovators, knowing the low odds of ever achieving financial success, when such success is richly deserved, never pursue their dreams to the point where that dream transcends the threshold of success.

I know this thread is not about what I have posted here. I just wanted to show the "other side of the coin" when it comes to real innovation. I have never asked anyone for financial, assistance. People of integrity understand that outside financing brings on significantly greater expectations of progress and deadlines are set that seem to make every step in the process excruciatingly difficult.

Anyway, enough rambling from a beat up Old Mechanic. It doesn't take much to figure out when someone is trying to use this site for quick personal gain without substantial evidence to support their claims.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
mpgmike (04-10-2022)
Old 11-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtrain View Post
Another forum i was on had the same issue. What they did was made them pay to sell anything on the forum. it was something like $10 a year to become a vendor. So the forums would un ass their money before they tried to get ours. That stopped a lot of the stupid ones and the ones that would do it got eaten by us. So it was a when/when for everyone.
I like this better: you want to become a vendor? Be prepared to send a free sample/loaner to one of us to use in some "real" A/B/A testing. I don't believe customer testimonials, but I'll believe real testing from somebody on this forum who already knows how to get proven results. And no web links until you're vetted.

Guaranteed that will solve the problem.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Or run a "Pinks" style competition.

Find a good testing ground and Vendor and Forum members show up to test said vendors wares in an A-B-A test.

The Vendor puts up a small but not insignificant amount of money equivalent to a year of advertising space here on Ecomodder. If they win, they get their money back and the advertising space they crave. If they lose, they forfeit the monies for wasting everyone's time and then suffer the ignominious abuse on this forum.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Deedee - '09 Smart ForTwo Pure 999cc
90 day: 47.39 mpg (US)
Exclamation Production of Money Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angmaar View Post
Thank you, hopefully more scammers will see this!
Can you really steal your own? I mean I came on the forum a year or two before new members. "Too" I too wanted an engine mod but maybe the thinking was Engine Mods go to Eco Modding >central > aerodynamics and stuff. Not specific enough. and I don't know where it mattered but I got goofed up by coming here if I can't share. It is like using your hands to art. Maybe the Midwest gas stops are more important for those type mods I do but I do draft mods too or Art. Maybe blase blah.

Last edited by BikerModder; 11-21-2014 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: Had it right the first if it published mor oportunistic advice
Old 11-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
The spark of innovation began in 1999. The process took 5 years to materialize into something that had enough legitimacy to pursue a Patent.
The first Patent process was a nightmare of mistakes by the Patent Office and in the process the second configuration was conceived and after a decade, a Patent was finally issued.

Tens of thousands of dollars in legal cost, a prototype that worked but was poorly executed by a machinist whose priority was funding his business.

There are hundreds of examples of innovation, where the spark of the same innovation, cost the individual their wealth, their lives, and also cost their families dearly for their pursuit of something that changed our lives today in ways we could not imagine at the initial point of that same innovation.

Sadly many innovators, knowing the low odds of ever achieving financial success, when such success is richly deserved, never pursue their dreams to the point where that dream transcends the threshold of success.

I know this thread is not about what I have posted here. I just wanted to show the "other side of the coin" when it comes to real innovation. I have never asked anyone for financial, assistance. People of integrity understand that outside financing brings on significantly greater expectations of progress and deadlines are set that seem to make every step in the process excruciatingly difficult.

Anyway, enough rambling from a beat up Old Mechanic. It doesn't take much to figure out when someone is trying to use this site for quick personal gain without substantial evidence to support their claims.

regards
Mech
Apparently there may be some funding coming my way. With a personal financial commitment approaching $50k plus, we may have a little help from Virginia Tech and some govt agencies, to the tune of $50-100k. The process of really making a difference is absolutely brutal. My patent was issued 8 months before this original post was made late in 2010.

I have not belabored this forum with my thoughts about this process and I will start a new thread if the funding opportunity actually materializes. Too many "oh what a great ideas" then not a single additional move, remark, comment, or even a criticism after a contact was established. Like a bottomless pit of information dissemination into a black hole.

Wish me luck.
mech

Last edited by user removed; 11-30-2015 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: space between "a" and "new"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
niky (12-02-2015), Xist (11-30-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread