Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hiya Greenflight,

Was wondering if either you could let us know what components you chose for your truck( motor, controler, etc), or a site where you might already have then listed.

TY

Ed

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ok, found the specs in your intro; TY for the info

Ed
Old 01-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
Very impressive! I am into E.V.s, velomobiles and micro-cars myself. Great work - proof that no one needs 400+ horsepower to get around! Congrats!!

countersTrike
Old 01-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for all the comments- glad to see people are interested. Kiwi's site is a great place for info. He's also got lots of vids on youtube and stuff.

I posted all the links to the tech specs in my intro if anybody else is interested.

Andrew
Old 01-20-2008, 02:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
Greenflight, that's a very nice electric powered truck you have there . And I don't mean that just because it is the venerable and generally rare Ranger clone . I don't doubt that thing will last for longer than the electric motor you put in it. But then again what does it weigh with all those batteries loaded into it? And a heater is required, for all vehicles. It's like an unspoken law of life, lol. If you could install a 600 watt electric coil heater that could be plugged into the wall and turned on prior to starting a trip then it could most definitely maintain the temp inside your cab for a good distance without battery power. If you travel even 20 minutes in below 50 degree weather it could very easily pay back in better winter health and the comfort value. The electric coil with oil inside are very cheap but all the one's I've seen are about 9"-12" wide, 2 feet tall, and 18" long, plus they're heavy and bulky. They wouldn't fit inside your cab without giving up your passenger seat. But the biggest trick would be how much power would it consume to maintain the cab temps. Plus all the wiring to plug it into the batteries.

Is that $6000 for the truck and all upgrades including the EV conversion components? I can see how much the batteries lowered it my ranger looks jacked up compared to yours.

Shame about your motor burning up. This may sound ignorant of your current motor's capabilities but shouldn't you try running it in 3rd or 4th as your only forward gears? With the highest torque supposed to be at 900-1100 rpms and continuing all the way to max rpms, do you need to use more than one or two forward gears?

Ah well excuse me for being overcurious. It's good to see at least one person my age doing something truly unique and positive .

Reply  Post New Thread